Sunshine!

Today is another sunshiney day here in Niagara Falls! It's also a bit warmer than it was yesterday, which was another sunshiney day! Spring is actually starting to pick up around here. It's about time! Something that made me really happy yesterday was finally seeing a robin! In fact, I saw three (Ali, they finally made it here, whooo hooo!!)!! Yay, spring has sprung!!

Today has been Day 6 of exercising! Or, as my 2 1/2 year old niece would say, "ekercising." I have to admit, that besides starting again on Tuesday, it's been a mental battle with myself to actually get on the treadmill. Every day, I've thought of reasons NOT to walk. And then I have to yell at myself and tell myself I need to get my ass on the treadmill!! LOL! I'm not running any marathons, that's for sure. In fact, all I've been doing so far are 6mws. Sometimes I've been tired, sometimes I've felt like walking more, but I really need to make sure I don't overdo it, so I've been keeping it at 6 minutes. After that, I do some stretches and leg lifts, nothing strenuous! I end my workout by lifting a 5lb weight. So far, my exercising has taken me about 1/2 hour. And I've been feeling good! I'm doing my best to keeping up with it, because I really know that sitting around is soooo much easier. I sat around all winter because I was sick, so now I'm trying to just get a little more energy!

Yesterday I went to Walmart and got a bunch of things. I felt like we were in the store forever and ever. I hate going there on a weekend, but I didn't really have a choice because I ran out of shampoo and conditioner. That's kinda something I need! After that, I came home and napped for awhile. Then last night, I went out for a drink with Joanie, and one of her friends. It was nice to be out for a little bit! I had a sex on the beach drink, and the guy put in quite a bit of alcohol. Despite not drinking for months, I really didn't feel it! LOL We left after about an hour and a half, and just when Joan's friend got on my street and turned the corner to drop me off, we heard a weird noise with her tire. I opened the door to get out, and the tire was whoooshing out air! I don't know what pierced her tire, but it felt big, and the tire was flat within a few minutes. Needless to say, Joan's friend was not happy! She called her boyfriend, and he eventually got here to change the tire. The only thing I was happy about (I did feel bad about her tire!) was that it happened right at my house!! And Joan just walked home after her friend left, since she lives right down the street. It was an eventful evening, that's for sure!!

I added 4 songs to my playlist. Jen, Pocketful of Sunshine is on there, since you mentioned it!! hehe! After much searching, I also found a song by Alicia Keys that was on last week's episode of Medium. It's called The Thing About Love. I hadn't heard of it before the show, and I knew it was Alicia Keys right away! I am really liking her latest album so far, maybe I should get it! lol

Well, I need to dry my hair so I can go outside and and enjoy the sunshine and warmth!! I'm still debating whether it's safe to remove the plastic from my windows! When I finally do that, it's a sign that spring is here to stay for awhile!! Happy Sunday!! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to here the birds have made it...I gave them maps to speed them up. LOL, ali
Anonymous said…
Sunshine:))) Yay!!! I am so glad it finally found ya. Love the new songs...I love Alicia Keys, She has such a beautiful voice. Great job on your exercising,hope Euan is keeping up.LOL
Sex on the beach...wow sounds interesting..LOL I bet you kept your O2 on for that..LOL
Have a great new sunny week:))
Love and hugs,
Jen
Have not had alcohol since college...and then I was not a big drinker...still, once in awhile I would love a pina colada...but, I am afraid...big surprise...what does your doc say about it? I have heard it is okay in moderation...which, one drink every few months is pretty moderate! Sounds like a fun night :)

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day