Mmmmmm, Drugs

Back in 1975 when I was diagnosed with PH, there wasn't anything to cure it, nor anything to treat it. My parents weren't given too much hope, and I can't imagine what that must have been like for them to know that I could die from this crappy disease at any point in time, whether it would be within my first year, or 50 years later. Somehow I managed to live for 28 years before starting one of several meds that had been FDA-approved by that time (in 2003). Today there are 9 drugs available to treat the symptoms of PAH, but the fact remains that there still isn't a cure. YET!

The approved therapies for treating PAH symptoms are:
*Conventional Therapies
*Oral Treatments
*Inhaled Treatment Options
*IV Treatments
*Subcutaneous Treatment
*Lung Transplant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day