Giving Thanks

Today is Thanksgiving here in America, and it happens to be a favorite holiday of mine. Mainly because of the food! lol No really, Thanksgiving is great to spend time with family and friends, and to eat. A lot. :)

I happen to be thankful for so many things. My family is my life, my friends are wonderful, and my health is stable at this point in time. I have a roof over my head, clothes to wear, and a very loving "kid" I just adore.

And it may seem odd to say this, but in a way I'm thankful for PH. Obviously I don't love having this illness, nor do I wish it upon anyone. But what I'm thankful for is that it's given me a sense of purpose. It's allowed me to help others. It's given me time. Time to spend with my family and friends since I don't work. It's given me the ability to empathize, to feel a connection and understanding with those dealing with PH or any sort of illness. It's allowed me to appreciate the little things in life. Had I been a healthy person with a busy lifestyle, I might not see all those wonderful small details that God has given us. So yes, I am thankful for PH in these ways, but I will surely be most thankful WHEN one day there IS a cure!


Wishing all of you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day