Types of PH

There are a few types of PAH (pulmonary arterial hypertension):

Idiopathic PAH: The cause of PAH cannot be found.

Heritable PAH: Formerly known as familial or genetic PAH, this type can be inherited, and is relatively uncommon.

Associated PAH: PAH is associated with another disease or condition, such as connective tissue disease, congenital heart disease, chronic liver disease, HIV, drugs and toxins, and more.

CTEPH (chronic thromboembolic PH): PAH is a result of blood clots in the lungs. CTEPH is the only type of PAH that can POSSIBLY be cured by a surgery called pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE), which removes the blood clots from the lungs.

My PAH is a result of congenital heart disease, so I am in the Associated PAH category. I was diagnosed with atrioventricular canal, which is a fancy way of saying I have 2 holes in my heart. Yippee!! The holes have never been repaired, so I've been living with both for 37 years (so far!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day