A PH Tip

Nothing makes my heart start racing with immense anxiety when I am faced with something most people take for granted: stairs. Or, a hill. I immediately think, "Oh crap, I have to get up that! I'm gonna die!" It may sound silly, but I truly hate the feeling of a rapid heartbeat and being so short of breath I think I might pass out. And the sad thing is, I've been slowly increasing the grade on the treadmill at rehab so I can face stairs or a hill a lot better. I do think it's helped me a little, but I still have that fear of climbing!!

So, here's a PH tip for going up stairs: Go up backwards. Seriously, I have heard some PHers talk about this, but all I could think was how utterly ridiculous that must look! Well, I tried it several times this summer. And guess what? You look utterly ridiculous, BUT, it's so much better than going up the regular way! I would get to the top and realize I wasn't going to die! The shortness of breath was minimal, and my heart wasn't ready to pounce out of my chest! Whoo hoo! So I try to do that whenever I see stairs, and I also try not to care what people must be thinking!! Who knows, maybe they'd go try it themselves...when no one is watching, of course. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day