Another Test

I called my PCP's office this morning around 10am, and asked for her nurse. They told me she was with the doctor, so I left a message saying that I still feel crappy, I'm still coughing up blood (not a ton, but come on, it shouldn't still be there), and that my chest felt heavy. I wanted to know if there is another medicine I should be on, or what. They said she would get back to me. Two hours later, of course I haven't heard anything. My mom, in the meantime, had called me and asked how I was, and I told her I was waiting for a call from the PCP. I also said that it's getting to the point where I don't know if I should just go to the ER up in Buffalo. So she told me to call the PCP back, even though it was their lunch hour, and I'd get the answering service. So I did, and the lady who answered was kinda snooty. I told her how I called 2 hours ago, and she said that everyone was on lunch at that point. I snootily told her back that I just wanted an answer to what to do about still having bronchitis and coughing up blood, and she said "YOU'RE COUGHING UP BLOOD?????" I just simply said yes, and she took my info and said she'd pass it on to the PCP's nurse. Not even a second after I hung up with the snooty woman, I got a call from my PCP's nurse. She told me that my doctor wanted me to have a CAT scan done, just in case I do have pneumonia and it wasn't showing up on the chest xray. She had to call me back to let me know what time it would be scheduled. I guess maybe if I have a crisis like that in the future, I should just call the answering service during lunch, and tell them there's blood involved. It's kind of ridiculous that I had to wait that long for some kind of answer!

I called my mom back to let her know about the CAT scan. While I was on the phone with my nurse, my mom had apparently called Buffalo General to find out what would happen and who I would see if I had to go to the ER. There is a PH doctor there, but she would only see me if I had to be admitted. If I was an outpatient, they would refer to the pulmonologist I started seeing in Buffalo just in case I had an emergency such as this. To know my mom had called up there to find this out was a bit overwhelming, and I started crying. I didn't really say anything, and when I did, I couldn't help but cry more. And of course, that got her crying, and she said something incomprehensible, and just hung up. I felt so bad, I didn't mean to make her cry. It's just that this has been so stressful and frustrating to deal with. And I seriously don't know what I would do without my mom being there for me.

I ended up calling Mandy for awhile, and talked to her about what's going on. She made me laugh, too, with stories of the kids. A little while after that, I got the call from my PCP's nurse. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 10:30am for the CAT scan. I just have to get the script from the office first, which is on the way to the lab. This is a relief, at least I hope it will be. I just want to find out exactly what's going on, and I just want to be better!

And now I need to lay down for awhile, all this crying and anxiously waiting for calls has got me pooped out!!

Comments

Sue "T" said…
Awww Honey, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. And, the fact that your mom called on your behalf, knowing she was probably so worried about you, would have made me cry too, if my mom would ever even consider doing something nice like that for me.
When you said knowing she called there was overwhelming and made you cry, honey..were you upset because she called?
You have been sick and SOB for so long now Colleen, and this is bound to make you sensitive, which I have been going through this now about the same amount of time that you have been. I am sensitive about everything and oh so emotional and crying very easily. I know we are both similar in that we are tired of being sick, tired of being tired, and tired of having PH. If that doesn't make us get emotional and cry, I don't know what would.
Why don't you call your mom back and have a nice talk. She probably feels as bad as you do honey.
You are so blessed having your mom for a mom. May I borrow her, only she is too young to be my mom, she sure could be a good friend too, hehe.
I am so glad you got an appointment to have a CAT scan. I'm so shocked that nobody is taking this seriously. Coughing blood up for this long is NOT normal. Are you on Coumadin? I hope that the CAT scan will show something one way or the other.
I am waiting for my PH nurse to call me back, she called me about an hour ago and had to talk to Jessica, my nurse practioner. My doctor is not in the clinic today and if she can't answer the question to give me another antibiotic and Zaroxalyn to boost my kidneys to get me to urinate, then they will have to page Dr. Murali or his associate. Being that she did not call me right back, lead me to believe the latter.
I will let you know what goes on and please let me know how your CAT scan goes tomorrow.
Until then, please rest, waiting for doctors to call a and crying, makes for one stressful and long day. You need rest now.
Talk to you soon honey.
Sue :-)
Anonymous said…
Colleen,
Wow,Your Mom is wonderful!!! Just like her dgtr...
Sorry you are having a rough time,I agree the bleeding should have resolved by now.
Hope they find the cause tommorrow.
Rest and hang in there
Maybe talk to you later in chat.
HUGS,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day