Christmas Exhaustion

It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone already. I rested so much just to get to that day, and then it flew by! I woke up Christmas morning, had some breakfast, and opened some gifts from my friend, Karen. She was way too good to me! I loved the gifts she got, too! I hung out with Lisa and Brandon. We watched Ice Age: 2, and Brandon made bbq ribs for part of our Christmas dinner at Mandy's. I got dressed and ready to go over there, and felt a little tired, but ok.

We left for Mandy's around 3ish, and my family was all there! We all tried getting things finished for dinner, and then enjoyed a very good meal around the pretty table Mandy had set up for us! Everything was very yummy: red pepper and shrimp soup, cream of mushroom soup, brisket, chicken, ribs, sweet potatoes (although I didn't taste them, I'm not a fan! lol), roasted asparagus, parsley potatoes, croissants, and some carrots and celery sticks. Whooo, I'm full just thinking about it again! We ate dinner, chatted for a little bit, and then decided to open gifts!

Opening presents was fun! We started out taking turns passing each other's gifts out, and opening them and ooooohing and ahhhhhing, but somehow it turned out to get a little chaotic. lol I don't know how Brandon liked my gift to him, Mandy told me she liked the necklace I made her, but didn't say anything about the shirts I bought, and my niece just wanted to play with one gift and not open anything else. lol But it was alot of fun! We thanked each other for our gifts, and then focused our attention to desserts. Mmmmmmm.

We had key lime pie, a very yummy Dutch apple pie from Rick, and brownies and assorted goodies Mandy made. Again, I am full just thinking about it all. We just sat around and watched my niece nuke plastic food in her plastic microwave, and then bring it around to each of us to "eat." It was quite entertaining!

Eventually I left with my parents. It was after 9 when I got home, and I felt so beyond exhausted that I was sick to my stomach. I guess it all hit me at once after I left. I usually take my Tracleer at 10:30pm, and my Revatio at 11pm, but at around 10:10, I took them both and went to bed. I couldn't even stand to brush my teeth at that point! I ended up sleeping for 11 hours. Ever since then, though, I still haven't gotten my energy back. I get tired quite often, and I'm not doing much. I understand that it's going to take a long time for me to feel my "normal" self before pneumonia. But it's really getting on my nerves!! lol

And so, on that note, I am off to get ready for bed. I went out to dinner tonight with a friend, and I am still really full and just plain tuckered out! Grrrrr!!

Comments

Jen said…
Colleen,
Missed you in chat,Now I see you were out for dinner...
I am sure the Pneumonia and Christmas was draining to you.
Hope that you are starting to get a little energy back...I like the new blog..Kewl!!
Take care
Hugs,
Jen
Sue "T" said…
Colleen,
Your Christmas sounded so wonderful. With family and friends, what a beautiful day. The menu made my mouth water, oh my gosh, you all had all my favorites, oh yummy mo!!!!
I absolutely LOVE red pepper and shrimp soup. I love beef brisket and ribs and oh yes, the sweet potatoes. And, roasted asparagus would make me think I went to heaven.
I can see where it was such a very long and full day. I am sure you were so exhausted honey, you are still not fully recovered in the energy department. I hope you will start to feel perkier soon, but remember you need your rest.
Many hugs and blessings,
Sue :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day