Christmas Is Soooooo Close!

It's hard to believe that it's already Sunday! I haven't been crazy crazy busy, but I've still been pretty exhausted by the end of my days. Wednesday I got to see my godson, and it's just amazing how big he's getting. I can't believe he's almost 7! He was very tired when they were over here, and Eve said that when she brought him to her ex-mother-in-law's, he instantly fell asleep when he got in the car. But it was nice seeing him, and he loved his gift!

Thursday, Eve helped me bring Mittens to the vet. Poor kitty, he had hot spots again, and as much as I truly did NOT want to bring him to the vet, I couldn't let him lick himself to death!! So when it was about time to go, Eve got Mittens out of the cupboard where he'd been chillin' out, and stuffed him into the canvas cat carrier I have for him. He was not happy, and he kept rolling the carrier onto it's side. lol We got him to the vet, and while we were waiting to be called in, 3 cats came out of their hiding spots to investigate what was going on with the crying kitty in the bag! It was just too cute!! So we got into the examining room, and the guy asking me questions went to weigh Mittens. He gained a pound since I brought him in July, and I had cut back on his food!! The little porker weighs 21lbs now! I showed the guy the hot spots, and he noted them, and then told me that Mittens might have to get his vaccines updated. I really made it a point that I did NOT want Mittens vaccinated, considering he is strictly an indoor cat. He said I could talk about it when the doctor came in, which was a few minutes later. Dr. G. didn't even mention the vaccines, which was a relief! But he was just so nice and friendly. He gave me tips on how to try to prevent hot spots from getting worse if this should happen again (which I already have a feeling it will :( ). And he checked Mittens out, and said he looked good besides the spots, which weren't all that bad. He gave Mittens a cortizone shot in the butt, and that was it. We brought the poor kitty back home, and he was relieved!! And so was I!!

Friday, I basically relaxed for the day until I went out to dinner with Eve and Erin. We decided to try a place called Muscoreil's, since I had a $25 gift certificate for it. OH MY GOSH, that was the BEST place evah!! I still can't get over how good the food was there! It was a bit pricey, but everything we ate was worth every penny! But of course, the best part was the DESSERT! This place is known for their cakes for weddings, bridal showers, etc, and I've had their cakes before, so I expected dessert to be good. I never expected it to taste like heaven! lol I had a piece of mini-ganache cake, and it was just indescribable. We shared a half bottle of champagne, too, and that was tasty as well! It was a terrific evening spent with my two best friends, and we had a great time!

Saturday, I relaxed most of the day until my whole family went to dinner for my Dad's 60th birthday, which was last Sunday. We went to a local Italian restaurant called Fortuna's, and that was tasty as well. After dinner, we all went to my parents' house for some cake. It was a nice time, and I'm glad that we were able to celebrate my Dad's special day together!

I was soooooo exhausted when I got home Saturday night. I don't know how I stayed awake long enough to wait to take my meds at 11pm. I went to bed very shortly after that. I think, even though I'm pacing myself and the things I do, that my body just isn't ready to handle too much at once after having pneumonia. It really does kind of stink, and it's rather frustrating. I wish I could handle more, but, I know that I just have to cool it and not push myself. Today I did nothing but rest, I didn't even get out of pjs! I'm not sure what's going on tomorrow, since the weather is going to be bad and very windy like it was today. So I'll probably just stay in again.

Anyway, one more day til Christmas, and I can't wait to spend it with my family at Mandy's house. I'm looking forward to it! I'm hoping all my family and friends and phriends have a wonderful Christmas with their families and friends as well!!

Comments

Jen said…
Colleen,
Hope that you are getting some much needed rest. I am sure with the Pneumonia you were even more fatigued. Hope that you and the family/friends had a wonderful Christmas...Pj day, I am sure was much needed..LOL
Hugs,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day