Exhaustion!!

Ok, I know I've been home since Sunday afternoon, but I've just been too tired to post any thoughts. My weekend was nice, but exhausting. I just didn't get great sleep, and I had already been really tired the few days before we left. The weather change here isn't helping much, I usually get really tired when the seasons change. It drives me nuts!! But the lack of sleep didn't help either, and I'm still dragging. I slept in until almost 10:30 this morning, and now it's after 12 and I still feel like I never slept. Grrrr!!

Anyway, we left Friday morning-ish, and had a pretty good trip. Shelby got to come, which I totally forgot about since there wasn't anyone to really take care of her while we were gone. She was good, though! My parents gave her a tranquilizer before leaving, but it never really worked. However, the most she whined on the entire trip down there was when my parents drove down the street to pick me up. LOL We stopped a couple times on the drive, to stretch our legs as well as Shelby's. We got to my Grandma's house around 3ish, maybe, and hung out for awhile until Joan, Mandy, and my niece showed up (they left a bit later than we did). Then we drove to the house my uncle is flipping, which was where we were going to stay to sleep for the weekend.

The house was...ummm...interesting. It wasn't in the greatest of neighborhoods (by the looks of it), and it was across the street from a bar. My uncle insisted it was just a restaurant. NOT. He should try staying there at 1am when it's hip hop night, and all you can hear are the THUMP, THUMP, THUMP sounds from the dance music!!! Ahem. We set up our stuff, we had air mattresses, and got ready to have dinner at my aunt's house. We had a good time there, lots of food, lots of family, lots of people I didn't actually know. haha! By the time we left, we were all really tired. I thought for sure I'd be able to sleep well since I was trying to stay awake on the drive to the house. But nooooooo. I woke up every hour, and at one point, I just sat up and put my head in my hands for awhile. I was sharing a mattress with Joanie, and it dawned on me how thankful I am that I am single and not sharing a bed with anyone because she moved so much!! I know you're probably reading this Joanie, I LOVE YOU!! lol But really, it was just uncomfortable, so I could understand why she wasn't comfortable and kept trying to GET comfy! I woke up Saturday morning feeling like a zombie. UGH!!

Saturday morning's memorial mass for my Grandpa (who passed away when I was 2 years old) was very short, but it was nice. My Grandma and all my aunts and uncles were there except for 2 of them. One of them has estranged herself from the family, and the other one claimed he didn't know about it. Now, I'm not sure about that one, but at least he was at my Grandma's for the catered lunch afterward! We had a fun time visiting with everyone, and my niece was just the highlight! She is NOT shy whatsoever, and she basically chatted with everyone. She was just too cute!!

In the later afternoon, my dad and I went back to the crazy house, to try to get some rest. I did fall asleep for about an hour. When I got up, I got a text from a phriend who told me that our phriend, Tara, had passed away. I was glad I was alone at that point, because I just broke down and cried. Another phriend gone within a month, and it's just so hard when we lose one. I called my phriend, which I'm glad I did, it helped to at least talk to someone who "gets" it. My dad got up after awhile, and fed Shelby, and we went back to my Grandma's house for more food. I hung out with my cousin, Sarah, who lives in AZ, and it was a nice evening! We got back to the crazy house again, and I tried sleeping with the light on, since the car lights were keeping me up the night before. At least I got a tad bit better sleep than I did the night before, since Joanie had already gone back home with Mandy and my niece earlier in the day (I LOVE YOU JOANIE!!).

We got up Sunday morning kinda late, which was needed for all of us. We gathered up our stuff, packed the van, and went back to Grandma's to hang out for a little bit, then said goodbye. The trip back home was uneventful. Shelby didn't get drugs this time, but she was still good!! It was around 4pm when my parents dropped me off, and I took an hour nap in my OWN bed. I am still trying to catch up with the exhaustion, though. Monday I felt like a walking zombie, but I didn't have time for much rest since I had bloodwork, and a bit later, I had to pick up some samples from my doctor's office. Yesterday I had pulmonary rehab, and then took it easy the rest of the day. Today I've been doing nothing, but I'm going to get a few groceries with my mom in a couple hours, and I need to get Mittens food. I'm just hoping for a day where I don't go anywhere or do anything, and it doesn't look like it'll be this week!!! lol

Comments

Barbara Howard said…
well I am glad you had a nice trip, try and rest up and get back to yourself.

sounds like you had some excitement there, you all should have joined in on all that.

barbara
Anonymous said…
LOL Well I am glad
you are starting to catch up on your sleep...In your own bed helps I am sure:))

You did not mention that you were across the street from a bar.."hip hop" at that..That explains why you are so exhausted..LOL I know you partied all night;))

Thx for calling me while you were away..it was much needed and appreciated:))

Take care ...

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day