Some Updating!

I don't even know where to begin. I know I haven't posted much new in a bit. I guess I'll start with my support group meeting that I had this past Saturday. It went well, despite the fact that we had to make a last minute topic change! I had 2 speakers, an RN from my local PH doctor's office, and a pharmacist from Accredo. The topic was supposed to be about PH meds, and possible interactions from other meds we might take for other things. The pharmacist had a family emergency, so he wasn't able to come. The RN still spoke, but she did a slide presentation on PH, causes, diagnosis, treatments, etc. It was a good presentation, but it was quick! She spent 1o minutes going through the slides, and then asked if anyone had questions, but no one did. I looked at my watch and realized we had at least an hour to go! So, when she was done, I just got up again and thanked her, and decided to have everyone introduce themselves, tell when they were diagnosed, and what treatments they might be on. I'm glad I did that! We spent the next hour talking back and forth, and getting to know each other's situations. It was a good meeting after all!

I did speak with the Accredo community advocate who usually comes to my group when she arrived. She told me that Accredo just started a new seminar on PH meds and taking other meds, and that we can do that in the spring. So we set up my spring meeting already! I just have to call to book the Auditorium at the hospital, and I'm good to go! lol

I went out on Saturday night with Eve. She picked me up, and drove all the way back to basically where she lives (half an hourish) to try going to the Cheesecake Factory. She dropped me off to park, and I went inside to see how long the wait was. Over an hour and a half! So I left, called her, and she said to go to the brand new steakhouse across the street. I got inside, and kept hearing the lady at the desk say they were booked with reservations until 10pm that night. Grrr! So I waited til I saw Eve coming, then left to tell her we needed to try another place. We went back across the street to an Italian restaurant, and were told it was about a 2 hour wait. Dang!!! Once again we went BACK across the street to try this place called Bar Louie's. The girl in the front told us an hour, so we just went to sit at the bar. We both got a drink (she got a Mojito, and I got a Smore's martini), and just chatted for awhile. It seemed like we hadn't talked in forever!! Then we got appetizers, and finally decided to get a dinner. It was nice that we just ate at the bar, and didn't have to worry about a table! We stayed there and stuffed ourselves for a few hours, and then took off. I thought we were on our way back home, when she said she wanted chocolate, and made a turn to go to this place she knew that made homemade chocolate and ice cream. I had a small butterscotch sundae, but oh my goodness, I was so full from the other restaurant that I hardly ate half of it! So we left there, and Eve drove me back home. It was a nice evening with her! I only wish Erin could have been there, too, but Eve had called her, and I think she was at the cottage trying to close it up. I guess we'll just have to get together again soon!

Sunday was rest day. I was too tired and my stomach hurt from all the crap I had eaten the night before. lol I didn't make it to church, but I did get a lot of rest. Nothing exciting there!!

Diane, my new neighbor upstairs, decided after I asked her again about the computer and the Dish that she would love to share! She said she hadn't wanted to be a pain. Please!! As if saving money is a pain!! So she's all set up, and I'm much happier! Of course, the money I'm saving is going right on my credit card. Booooooooooooooooooooo!!!! lol

Well that's as much as I can remember I needed to talk about. Or wanted to talk about. Time for lunch, and a nap! I cleaned the litter box, and while I am glad I got it done, it tuckered me out!! If only Mittens would learn to use the toilet like Mr. Jinxy!!!! LOL!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mr Jinxy...lol..would be nice!!

I am glad your meeting went well:)

Sounds like you and Eve had a great time..smores martini..hummm..never tried that or chocolate martini thought they sound really sweet? mojitos are good..Next time just swing by and pick me up..LOL

Eve sounds like my kind of friend..LOl..chocolate and ice cream;))

I am so happy Mason is home:))Thx for all you do...

Love & Hugs,
Jen
Nancy said…
I am always on edge before our support group meetings that things will come together as planned. I don't handle the stress of change well: it puts my teeth on edge and makes me even more short of breath.

Accredo has been absolutely wonderful to our group, very responsive and generous. Actelion is harder to pin down for some reason.
Annette said…
Well my phriend, I'm not surprised that you were able to "wing" it with your support group meeting. You're a teacher after all, that's what we do (did)!

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day