New Housemate!

My new housemate, Diane, and her doggy, Frasier, have moved in. They started last Tuesday, moved more stuff in on Thursday, and then finished moving everything else in on Friday. She's been staying here since. She is a nice lady. I've known her for many years, even though it's been a few years since I've seen her. She is a complete animal lover, which will help if I have to go anywhere and I need someone to check in on Mittens. So far I've had no problems with her (I know, it's not even been a week since she's been here lol), but I was sad when she said she didn't want to split the cable modem or Dish bill. Darn it all! I was hoping to save $40 a month to put on my credit card, which drastically needs to disappear. I mentioned it twice, but there's not much I can do if she isn't interested. At least we get to split the water bill! That's a little bit of savings!

Diane left on Saturday afternoon around 2:30pm for a wedding reception. She got back a little after 7pm. Frasier barked the entire time. Poor puppy!!! Diane didn't ask me if he barked until the next morning when I got home from church, and when I said he had barked the whole time she was gone, I thought she was going to start crying. She got so upset about it. I told her that Frasier is in a brand new place and has to get used to it, and that it was ok, but she insisted that it wasn't. Honestly, I dealt with barking before when Mandy and Ron got their puppy years ago when they were living up there. Cleo barked and cried for hours on end, but she did eventually get used to being alone when they were gone. Sooooo, I can only hope the same for Frasier!! Actually, Diane's been gone since 10:30ish this morning, and I could hear Frasier chewing on a bone. I left 15 minutes later to go to rehab, and when I got back I could hear him barking before I even got in the house. But it's been a couple hours, and Frasier isn't barking incessantly anymore. He takes at least 20 minute breaks now. lol So, I think he's slowly getting used to it. At least I can tell that to Diane if she asks!

Well, I think I'll go lay down for a bit before the barking starts up again!! I want to go check my mail, but I think I'll set Frasier off if I do that!! lol

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey...Btw..I love the background:))

Frazier sounds like fun...LOL..I hope he gets use to the place soon..I am sure Mittens is still in hiding...

Take care...

Love & Hugs,
Jen
Cathy said…
Im glad you and your housemate are getting along.... I don't know about the barking dog though :)
It gets on my nerves :)

(((HUGS)))
Cathy
Cathy said…
BTW... I love your jar journel :)
Barbara Howard said…
yes like cathy the dogs here drive me nuts barking, one of them does not know how to do anything else byt bark and I get upset over that, I hope you don't mind it too much

barb

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day