Not As Blah

It's been several days since I posted about sick, and well, I've gotten a little better but not fully! Although I'd been using prescribed drops in my right ear since Friday, the ear hadn't really gotten any better, and my sore throat was still really bad. Especially at night and in the early morning hours. I woke up very early Sunday morning (5am) in such pain that I just didn't know what to do. I took an Excedrin since Tylenol doesn't seem to be helping much, and was awake for a couple hours after b/c of the caffeine! When I finally did drift off, it was 8am, and I woke up a little after 10. I finally decided just to call the on-call service at my PCP's office. The on-call doc got back to me about 45 minutes later. He sounded like he was on the highway, and I wasn't sure if he could even hear me b/c I could barely hear him. But, apparently he did, b/c he called in a script for amoxicillin! I took it 3 times yesterday, and so far today I haven't had a sore throat! However, I was up until almost 3am last night b/c I was so wide awake for some reason!!! When I finally did go to bed, I was up every half an hour coughing my brains out. I think it's b/c things are starting to drain. So needless to say, I really am looking forward to a nap!! In fact, that's what I'm going to do right now since I'm falling asleep while typing!!!

Comments

Nancy said…
Glad to hear that you are beginning to feel better.

I wish my PCP had an on-call doctor: it must give you a sense of peace to know you can get some relief without going out.

Hopefully, you will be able to nap a bit today and get a full night's sleep.
Bonnie said…
Colleen, I'm sorry you feel so down and out, but hope it runs it's course soon for you. It's a bummer having PH and than a cold too. I have a great recipe for Russian Tea that tastes great and smells very citurusy(sp).
1 cup instant Tea
2 cups Tang
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cloves
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups instant Lemonade
Mix together, get a hot cup of water and put 2-3 Tbls of mix, depending on how strong you want it.

Take care my PHfriend,
Bonnie
Anonymous said…
Colleen..Glad to hear you are on the mend!!

You will be back to normal soon..Luv ya lots...

Hugs :))
Jackie Welch said…
Hello Colleen,

Next month, a group of medical professionals will go to great heights to better empathize with their patients. Dr. Robert Frantz, Director of the Mayo Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic , Dr. Ray Benza and Jessica Lazar, Allegheny General Hospital, plan to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest point in Africa, to raise awareness about Pulmonary Hypertension, a disease that affects approximately 100,000 people in the U.S.

One of the keys to early diagnosis and extending life of Pulmonary Hypertension patients is raising awareness about the disease, which the doctors hope to ultimately do with their trek, named Path to a Cure.

As you are aware, symptoms of Pulmonary Hypertension include shortness of breath, fatigue, dizziness and chest pains. As climbers reach extreme altitudes (above 10,000 feet) their lungs will start to constrict due to decreased oxygen; imitating the symptoms felt by those living with Pulmonary Hypertension.

Along with better understanding their patients’ daily struggles, Dr. Benza, Dr. Frantz and Jessica hope to raise $100,000 to help support research and patient programs for the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA), a non-profit organization started by those with Pulmonary Hypertension. During the climb, the PHA plans to organize more than two dozen unity walks around the United States.

I will be in touch to see if you are interested in learning more about the Path to a Cure or if you would like to speak with any of the climbers. In the meantime, please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Thanks and Best,
Jackie Welch

jwelch@webershandwick.com

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day