Where'd The Week Go?

I can't believe it's Friday night already. I don't know what the heck happened to the week, but it sure went by fast. The one very good thing about this week was that I felt a lot better than I did last week. Except for a headache here and there in the beginning of the week, I got through the rest of the days feeling pretty good, although tired. For that, I am thankful!

Tuesday I had to bring my mom to the eye doctor. She has diabetes, and her eyes need to be checked to make sure everything is ok with her eyes physically. Since they had to put in drops to dilate her eyes, I drove. It sure isn't that easy to try driving after those drops! After her appt, we had lunch at Applebee's, and then went to Walmart. Seemed like we were out forever, and I guess we were. I left the house at 10:30ish to pick my mom up, and we got back home after 4. Tiring!! Dinner was very very casual for me, since I didn't have the energy to cook. I watched a Netflix movie after eating (which I didn't really care for), and got online for awhile before going to bed!

Wednesday my mom and I went to Dollar General for some wrapping paper and cards, and then to the City Market. I got some yummy peaches and plums, but there wasn't much else to really buy. I pretty much took it easy after going back home. For dinner, I tried a new recipe that my sister recommended: Quinoa and black bean chili. It was delicious, although quite a bit spicy! The recipe calls for chipotle adobo, which I've never had, and I had no idea that it was so hot! The recipe also had jalapeno peppers, but I skipped that altogether, and I'm glad I did. I can't imagine how much hotter my mouth would've gotten if that was in it, too!! lol It made a huge pot of chili, so most of it went into the freezer on Wednesday night. I just love leftovers!

I was happy to be at rehab on Thursday, since I hadn't gone since last Tuesday. It felt pretty good to exercise! When I got home, my friend, Dee, came over to have lunch out in the backyard with my new table and chairs. She brought some food over since she has food allergies, but she asked what was in the chili, and found that she could actually eat it! So, we both had chili, fresh salsa and chips, and carrots. It was so very nice out at that point, I almost didn't want to go in! After an hour, we did though, and Dee left for home. And an hour after that, it downpoured. Perfect timing!! Thursday evening we went to Mandy's to celebrate my niece and nephew's birthdays that were earlier in the week. My niece turned 6 on Tuesday, and my nephew turned 4 on Wednesday. I can't believe how fast they are growing up!! Wish they'd stop that!! lol

Today I had a low key day around the house, taking my good old time to clean something, and then go back online and putz around. By late afternoon, I took a nap with Mittens (always so comforting!!). I had a quick dinner, and then went to an art gallery opening with my friend, Dee, and her parents. Dee had a couple pieces in the gallery, which were very nice! One was a purple betta fish, which she painted, and the other was photography of bull dogs. We were there for an hour or so, enjoying (mostly) the other paintings and such. Afterward, we went to Dairy Queen for some sundaes. We sat in the car eating them and chatting for about half an hour. It was nice! After I got dropped off at home, I watched my Netflix movie, which was Little Fockers. It was alright. Not as funny as the first two, I thought, but not terrible either.

Tomorrow is a busy day, with an art festival to go to, and a party in the evening, so I must get to bed!! Sure hope this weekend doesn't just whiz by!! lol


Anonymous said…
Glad your week went better! Sounds like you are still staying pretty busy!

Your lunch outside with your friend sounds awesome, which we were closer!!

Hpoe that you have an even better week this week. Love ya lots...HUGS :))

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Hairs

Saturday Happenings

One Day Good, One Day Bad