Candles Anyone?

I've spent the past few days trying to clean up around here for a candle party I'm having tonight! I've hosted a Partylite party many years ago, and I've been to many of them as well. Even though they are rather expensive, I love the candles! They burn completely away, and they don't leave a mess. Pretty cool, I think! I was asked several weeks ago by a former high school classmate if I'd like to host a party, and I thought why not? It's been so long since I've had a bunch of people over here anyway! So, I've been making sure my place looks presentable! My biggest issue is the cat. He'll hide when people are here, so that's not the problem. It's just, his fur is everywhere! My mom vacuumed the rugs yesterday, so that's taken care of. I just spent half an hour brushing off the couch about 8 times, and I think I've gotten up the fur that's been on it. I love my couch, but it's irritating at how much the fur sticks. lol But, I think it's good to go, and I'm ready to have people over! I am taking a small break right now. I've cleaned the bathroom, swept the kitchen floor, went around the place with the Kone, and got the kitchen table pretty clear. I made my rocky road brownies yesterday, so I just have to cut those up and put out the other goodies before everyone comes! It should be a good time!

As you can tell, I've changed my blog background. I don't really like it. lol I found some cool blog backgrounds yesterday, but when I tried to change it, I would have lost all the stuff on the side of my blog! Sooooo, I might play around with it later when I have more time. I wish I understood html code more than I do, because I might have been able to figure out how to not lose so much info with the backgrounds I really like! Guess what I have will do for now!

Oh yes, London (the bird in the backyard) was taken back home the day after I posted her pics. I guess she's doing ok!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Enjoy the party..I love candles too..Wish I was close so I could come...Oh yea...I forgot I never got an invite...LOL
Have fun..and it sounds like you are so ready...Have a brownie for me:))
Love & Hugs,
Jen
Wendy's Mom said…
I am glad you had a good time at your party!!
I have been trying to play around with other blog backgrounds too but like you I ran into the same problem. When I feel better I hope to try and see what I can figure out too. If you figure it out let me know and of course I will do the same thing. LOL!!

UMM Rocky Road Brownie sure sounds good. Eat one for me please! LOL!!

Love,
Sheila
I love Partylite...hope you got some good stuff for hosting :)
Cathy said…
I am glad you did good at the candle party... I love candles also. And I used to buy those, but I lost contact with the girl. So now I just buy regular smelly ones :)

Hugs
Cathy
Annette said…
I love the new background! And, my phriend, as far as I'm concerned, you are a computer wizard!!
love
annette
I'm up to my eyeballs in fur too :) Have you heard of a Furminator? They're awesome! Once your cat gets used to it, they love them too.

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day