Potholes


Twice this week on the way home from pulmonary rehab, I took a road called Lewiston Road into the Deveaux section of Niagara Falls. The road is a complete joke. I wonder how many people cops pull over because the driver looks like they are swerving back and forth in the road, when in all actuality, that driver is trying to avoid the tremendous amount of potholes all along it. This isn't a short road, it goes on for quite some distance, and eventually turns into Main Street/Portage Road. There are so many roads in Niagara Falls that are awfully holey. It's a disgrace. I know money is needed to fix the potholes, but my goodness! We are a tourist town, and the roads are ruining how people travel around here!!

HOPEFULLY, with the stimulus money from President Obama, we will be getting roads fixed. They won't be just patched up, they will be torn up and redone completely. I saw a list of the major roads chosen for reconstruction, and I'm happy to say that Lewiston Road is on that list! THANK GOODNESS!! Another one is Buffalo Avenue, which I usually take to get to the bridges when I need to travel to Buffalo. I'm really surprised I haven't lost a tire or my entire car sometimes when traveling these roads!! So, I'm really just happy that something will be getting done. It can't happen soon enough!!

Comments

Surprising considering all the taxes they make you pay in NYS...

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day