Prayers On The Way

My mom told me yesterday that her sister, is in the hospital. She is having some issues with her heart, and may need medicines, or a pacemaker. Everyone is hoping the meds will be tried first, which is understandable. Her sister's heart was beating too slow, she passed out, and now her life may be heading for some big changes.

My Aunt D. is a wonderful person. She has given me inspiration many times, and I admire how she goes on when faced with a lot. She is mentally challenged. It used to be referred to as mentally retarded, and I absolutely despise that word when someone says it in a joking fashion. My aunt can sometimes be smarter in some ways than ordinary folk! She's in her 50s and she's been living on her own in various places, even if she does get help for things like shopping and going to appointments. Her brothers and sisters make sure she is a big part of the family in everything from birthday celebrations to just having her for dinner. She has worked for many years, and been called a good worker. Whenever we've gone to my Grandma's for a visit, or whenever she's come to see us here in the Falls with my Grandma, Aunt D. has a huge smile and jokes to share! She loves dogs. Oh, does she love dogs!! She likes to wear them down by playing fetch for what seems like hours, especially to the dog running after whatever she's throwing! For the most part, Aunt D. is a happy person, and seems to enjoy her life. I know that she has had some down moments, too. But really, who doesn't??

So, I'm praying my aunt will recover from this health issue (she's looking better already, from what I'm told), and be able to continue to do many of the things she has already been doing. No matter what, though, my Aunt D. certainly has so many people who love her and want the best for her. Whatever happens, she is cared for by her family!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Colleen..I will keep Aunt D in my prayers..I hope she recovers soon and is ok..I can tell she has a great caring family :))

Hugs & love,
Jen
I hope your aunt is doing well and has a speedy recovery. Sending all my best wishes your way! hugs, ~ L

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day