PH Fact Of The Day & Babysitting

Today's PH fact of the day is:

Pulmonary Hypertension can be caused by a variety of reasons, including autoimmune diseases, congenital heart conditions, HIV infection, drugs and toxins (including some diet drugs, like fen-fen, which was banned), connective tissue diseases. When no reason can be found in causing PH, it is called Idiopathic PH.

I had to babysit this morning for my little nephew, so I got there a bit after 10am, talked to Mandy for a few minutes, then sat down to watch Sesame Street with the little guy. Let me tell you how hilarious Sesame Street is for adults! While educating children, the writers of the show have also found ways to entertain the parents or caregivers who may be watching the show with the children. I was laughing hysterically and some stuff! For example, I am a huge fan of Law & Order: SVU (Special Victims Unit). Well on SS today, they had Law & Order: SLU (Special Letters Unit), and they had to find the missing letter M. There were 3 detectives, and if you are a fan of SVU, you know the character Munsch. Well in SS's SLU unit, there was a puppet that looked exactly like Munsch!! It was so funny! They also had the infamous "chum chum" noise that is in the tv series. They were making fun of it as being annoying by the end of the SS skit, and I couldn't stop laughing. Of course, my nephew didn't get any of that, he was busy watching them trying to find the missing M!

I put another show on for the little guy, and got a phone call from Accredo to reorder my Tracleer. I took off my o2 so I could go into the kitchen (I know, doesn't make sense, but I also had to blow my nose after the phone call lol). After 5 or so minutes, I started going back to the living room, and I saw my nephew holding up the cannula to his nose trying to breathe. I don't think he actually had it up his nose, but he knew enough that that's how I wore it. I just walked over to him and told him that was only for Aunt Colleen to help me breathe, and that he didn't need to have it on. He dropped the cannula and went over to the other side of the couch. Of course, I took the o2 right into the kitchen and washed and antibacterialized the heck out of the cannula before I put it back on!! lol Wish I had taken a picture, but I didn't think of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day