Summer In November

Today was a good day for me! The weather was really lovely. Who can beat 65 degrees in November?? Tomorrow is supposed to be near 70! Of course, that bubble bursts when Tuesday drops about 20 degrees. Oh well, such is life in Western NY!

I took advantage of the nice weather to go to Walmart and a couple other places. I enjoyed myself. I've been feeling rather yucky for a week, dealing with pain from a stupid crockpot injury last weekend. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?? But I lifted the thing higher than I should have, and I ended up with chest pain and should/arm pain for nearly a week. It's finally starting to get better, at least I hope so. So since I was feeling decent, I got myself out of the house! Tomorrow I'll be out for a bit to get bloodwork done in the morning, and then I think I'll sit on the front porch for a bit to enjoy the last warm day for awhile!

I went to a wake this afternoon for a friend's mom. I actually went to grade and high school with her, and even though we don't talk too much, I am sad she lost her mom. It's hard losing parents. I haven't had to deal with that yet, but I fear it all the time. I have a feeling losing one of them is going to be so bad for me healthwise. But, I hope not to deal with that for a long time to come.

I also found out today that a phriend passed away on Friday. Seaspritemo was Tanya's nickname on the PH boards, and when I first met her many years ago, she was so funny and caring. Tanya and Brenda, another phriend who passed last year, were the first two in the PH chatroom that made me feel so welcome to this new community that would soon become a huge support system for me. Tanya was unable to come to chat for a long time, and her postings to the board were sporadic ever since she quit her job almost a year ago. She used to email me quite often when she was working, and I missed her emails. But, I talked to her a few times over the year to check up on her, the last time in June when I told her we lost Mason. She was saddened by that news. I kept meaning to try calling her again to see how she was, and now I'm sad that I never did. Tanya will be missed, but I know that she is no longer suffering from this damn disease.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day