So-So

It's hard to tell if my ear is getting better. The achiness is there, but it's not even near excrutiating. I think it's mostly bothersome. My sinuses are still draining, maybe more so now that I have the stronger antibiotic. I think that's a good sign. My head this morning just hurt before I even got up. The frustration of it all is wearing me thin. I did take an Excedrin around noon, and the headache and my ear are, for the moment, at peace. While this is good news, the fact that I don't have energy for much is not. I skipped rehab again today. I still need to go shopping for stuff, and yet that task is daunting. So, I haven't tried going. And my guilty conscience is eating at me. Saturday morning is my best friend's bridal shower. I don't have anything for her, but I don't even think I can make it. I know she would say it's ok. But deep down, it's not ok with me. And yet, I have to just shrug it off somehow. Saturday is also my BIL's birthday. I wanted to get him something, too, but once again, it hasn't happened yet. I know he won't care, either. But......

I hate disappointing people. I hate disappointing myself. I should be used to having to say no to something sometimes, but it still really bothers me when I have to. I feel as if I'm failing my family and friends, even when I know that they understand (and sometimes I wonder if they really do). I'm sure I'm not the only one with PH or any chronic illness who feels the same way. I just wish that these feelings wouldn't come up over and over again, no matter how hard I try to not let it bother me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aww Hugs Loca...I so understand, I think you do so much for others, it is OK to say No at times..even though it is disappointing to us, otehrs understand..Take care of you first!! Love ya lots!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day