Melting

Today was very hot here. Opressive. Although there was a lot of wind going on (which I think was a saving grace from downright hell), the temperature was in the 90s, and it felt more like 108 at one point. It doesn't get THAT hot here! I know I'm not supposed to really be venturing out in weather like that, but I had to bring my mom to her eye appt at 9:30, so we left at 8:30. We didn't get back home until almost 4. After the appt, we ventured around the mall for a couple of hours, something I haven't done in, years?? I just don't shop like I used to! We met my friend, Renee, for lunch at Panera Bread, and had a nice time chatting and laughing! Then we went into the Hallmark store, where I bought a gift for Mo's baby shower. On the ride back to the Falls, my mom fell asleep. I wish I could've, too, but I was driving!! We stopped at Mandy's house for a little bit, so my mom could give the kids shirts she bought for them. And then we finally got home.

I waited until 8 tonight to go water all the plants, and it still felt like it was 100 degrees. But the sun was vanishing, and the winds were still strong, and I have to admit that I LOVED it. I got everything soaked, and then I sat on the porch and just enjoyed the heat for a little while! I didn't want to go back into the air-conditioned house, which I'm just sick of being in! Hopefully just a couple more days of needing the a/c on (for me anyway), and I can shut my vents once again!! Off to bed now, since I have to bring Shelby and my mom back to the vet tomorrow. Maybe the cute little kitties will still be there???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day