Waiting and Planning

I kind of took the weekend off from really stressing about my finances, and spent a great two days in Lewiston at the annual Art Festival. The festival is one of my favorite things in the summer! At least 100 artists set up booths with a wide variety of artistic ideas, everything from glasswork to paintings to jewelry to woodwork, etc, etc. That's just a whole bunch of talent gathering together!! This year, my sister Mandy actually had a booth!! She had her beautiful jewelry and glasswork, and she really did well with sales! I think she's already trying to plan some new ideas that she'll be able to include for next year if she's able to get a booth again. I'm so happy for her, and very proud that she could participate!!

Sunday evening I went to dinner with Joan, my cousin, Ryhan, and my Aunt Jane, who were both in town for a couple days. We went to Applebee's, and Ryhan asked a ton of questions about the wedding, and Joan moving to Canada, and where they were going on their honeymoon. I was very sad at her answer about the honeymoon: they are taking a 14-day cruise to Hawaii. :( I was hoping that 15 years of saving for Hawaii would at least make my dream of going there come true, but there's no way to really save for that now. Well, unless I can figure out a job I can handle that would allow me to pay for my bills and also save for stuff. I just wish I was able to go!!! Not sure if she can just stuff me in the luggage, I'm not that big!! lol Anyway, after dinner, we went to DeDee's for ice cream, and shared laughs outside on the patio. It was a nice way to end the weekend!

Here it is, Wednesday, and I still haven't gotten paperwork about this big change that's supposed to be happening. Of course, the mail hasn't come yet today. I just want to make sure this is really happening. I can't understand why I haven't gotten anything yet, my caseworker told me she would send it out to me so I'd get it this week. It would only take a day to get here!! I have also asked someone else I know who works in Social Services if she could find out any details, but her department is moving this week, so that might take some time, too. So, I'm kind of just waiting for proof as I make plans on how to readjust my finances. And, at the same time, I'm trying not to stress out!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day