What's Shakin?

I was at my stove early this afternoon making some grits for lunch when my fridge started making a horrible noise. Now, all summer my fridge has been making noises off and on, sometimes sounding like it's thawing out, but when I check it, everything is fine. But this noise was totally different, and it almost seemed like the fridge was moving a little bit. I stared at it and said out loud, "What the hell is wrong with my fridge now??" I glanced in the computer room and Mittens was on the rug, frozen in the middle of cleaning, and staring at me wide eyed. Several seconds later, the fridge stopped making any noise. So then I thought, oh great, it broke! But when I opened it up, everything seemed fine. Hmmm, oh well. Back to cooking!

Minutes passed by, and something in my mind said EARTHQUAKE. And 10 minutes after that, I got an alert on my phone saying that an earthquake had indeed happened, but in Virginia! Whoa! I can't believe it could be felt way up here, although, had I not been standing in the kitchen, I may not have known it even happened! This is the second time in my life that I have felt an earthquake, which is so odd since this part of the country doesn't really get them. The first time I felt one was maybe 9 years ago, and I was sleeping but my bed started shaking and I woke up. I thought a huge truck had hit a pothole on the corner of my street near my house (which wouldn't be too surprising!). It was only a little while later that I read about an earthquake and that many people all over had felt it. In a way it's kinda cool, but I don't think I would really like to feel anything stronger than that!! I'm glad that no one was really hurt in this one, and the damage isn't anything terrible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day