Errands!

 I have been on a medication for pulmonary hypertension for 19 years called Tracleer (bosentan). It requires that I get monthly blood work to check my liver functions, and to make sure I'm not pregnant. So yes, I have been doing this for 19 years! I decided today that I would leave after breakfast this morning to get this blood work done before it rained heavier in the afternoon. So, my errands looked like this:

-Drop off a piece of mail at the post office since getting my mail here has been spotty lately. 

-Go to Rite Aid to pick up a prescription, and wait in line for about half an hour since they have had terrible problems in the last year with not enough staff (many places have been like this, not just Rite Aid). 

-Go to the credit union to deposit some money, pay my rent, and say good luck to one of the ladies who is retiring on Saturday! She's such a sweet person, and swears she'll see us this summer when the weather gets better and she can invite us to sit out on her patio, but we'll see! 

-Get blood work done! Not only did I have my monthly blood work, but I also had extra blood work for the new cardiologist I saw last month. I think I had 8 tubes of blood taken. Good thing it didn't bother me. lol

-Go to Dollar General to browse. I am going to start writing letters to seniors since I have decided it's probably no longer safe for me to volunteer at the nursing home. I found a website that lets you pick a senior facility and how many letters you want to write based on their need. I found a site the other night that was asking for 8 letters, so I now have some supplies to get writing! I'm excited about doing this! I'll start with 8, and then see if I like it enough to want to do more. 

-Pick up a free Starbucks drink thanks to the amount of stars I had on my Starbucks account. Yay! I haven't treated myself to Starbucks in awhile, so it was nice to get something!

I got home, made a little lunch, and then took a nap for a bit. I had decided I wanted to make a tuna noodle casserole (one of my favorite comfort foods!) and have my Dad over for dinner. He wasn't feeling that great, so I have saved some in a container for him to pick up tomorrow. I had my dinner, watched a Law & Order episode, took a bath and read, and now I'm getting read to hit the hay! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day