Valentine's Day--well, a little late

Well, today was Valentine's Day. Ok, maybe yesterday, but it still seems like today since I'm still up. Anyway, I had a nice day! I long ago stopped wearing black on this day, and seeing it as a depressing and lonely day for me. I realized a couple years back that I have people in my life that I love, and people who love me, and it does not just have to be a day for husbands, wives, boyfriends and girlfriends. The day is about the love people have for each other. I like to give little somethings to my family and very close friends. This year, instead of buying something individual for everyone, I bought Dove chocolates, Valentine M&M's, and then I made chocolate chip cookies. YUMMMMMM! I have to say so myself. lol I put all the goodies in cute little Valentine ziploc baggies that I found at the Dollar Store. Gotta love the Dollar Store!! The little gifts were enjoyed by all! :D

So am I bitter about Valentine's Day this year at all? Because sometimes I am, just a little tiny bit. No, not really. Not really bitter, per se. I'm just bummed, because it was a year ago this February that I started talking with Euan. I just wish we could talk again, I really do miss him. Kinda silly, it seems, since I haven't even met him yet. Maybe I never will. I sometimes seem hopeful about, and then I lose all that hope when I don't hear from him in weeks. So, that is the only frustration I have this year on Valentine's Day. Other than that, I really did enjoy today. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day