The Mysterious Woman

It's been several months since I had to get a phone number for my house so I could use the internet. Ever since I've had the number I was given, I've gotten a ton of calls for the woman who must have had it before me. All I'd like to know is where in the world is Darlene Destino????????

You would think someone would give you their new number when they get it. Darlene either forgot to do so, or she has vanished from the planet. I get calls from telemarketers, and I have to tell them that she no longer uses the number. At least they don't try to sell me anything. Then I'd have to tell them that the number is on the Do Not Call Registry. At least I was smart to do that!

I get reminder calls from the Catholic Charities WIC program. After the fourth call from them the other night, I finally called today to let them know that I got Darlene's number. The woman was very apologetic about it, but it's not her fault! It's Darlene's! Now tell me something....if you are getting money to provide the basics for your young child, wouldn't you give the place providing you that money your new number so you could be reminded about appointments?? This is what makes me wonder about this woman. Did she take off with her child or something?? Hmmm.

Another thing that seems strange is that there have been people calling for her who sound like they are her friends, or at least know her well. And they are surprised she's not the one answering the phone. Helloooooo?? Wouldn't you tell people you know that you have a new number?? I just don't get it!
So, I say it again, where in the world is Darlene Destino?? Did she just change her number and forget to tell people? Did she suddenly disappear in the middle of the night so no one would know where she went? Is she in trouble with the law? Who knows the life of this woman?? I am curious, however, because I have gotten some pretty interesting phone calls. One of those times when I get a call for her, I'm going to ask that person a little about her! It's driving me nuts!! LOL

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
We still get calls from whoever had our number 4 years ago!! What's up with these people? LOL Comment from fitzzer - 11/5/05 2:02 PM

I love you for this. It's a mystery and you are compelled to solve it. I am the same way. Next thing we'll know, you'll write a book "Finding Darlene: One Woman's Quest To Unsolve The Mystery Of The Forgotten Phone Number". Comment from luvmort - 10/28/05 1:00 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day