On The Mend

My sore throat that I caught from grandma last weekend went from bad to worse by Thursday. It was awful! I felt so yucky, and then the cough started. I HATE coughing! Because I have PH, I can't take any type of decongestant. It causes more problems with the lungs. I can take a cough suppressant, but I might as well drink the bottle, because it doesn't always help much. Wednesday night, I got about 4 hours sleep all night since I was coughing so badly. The coughing started making my ear ache so badly, I just wanted to rip my entire head off!! On Thursday I finally called the doctor and got an antibiotic. Yay, drugs!! I had another round of coughing fits on Thursday night, but I did manage to get a little more sleep than the night before. Last night, I didn't cough at all! Yay!! So I'm slowly on the mend. Which is good, because I just hate being sick!! I hope this means I won't get sick for the rest of the winter!!

This coming Wednesday, I have another checkup at the Cleveland Clinic. I'm nervous, as usual. I'm not sure how I'm feeling physically right now, because I'm still sick. But for almost the entire month of September, I was feeling different. I was more short of breath, even to the point where I got out of breath stirring cookie dough for something I was making for my birthday. This hasn't happened in such a long time, not since I started taking the Tracleer for my lungs. I finally figured out that taking generic Claritin was the main culprit, but even after stopping it, I didn't feel completely fine. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens on my 6-minute walk. I'm dreading it. I just don't want to make any changes with medicines, because the next one they want to try if the one I'm on now stops working is one that I have to have in IV form. That is NOT what I want! Obviously I'll have to do it if they suggest it, but I'm just hoping it won't come to that.
I hate being a worry-wart! Here's hoping for good news, though!

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
"I just wanted to rip my entire head off!!"I feel your pain! Comment from luvmort - 10/4/05 6:13 PM

I've had the coughing/feeling horrible thing too. I hope you're feeling better & that your checkup is passed with flying colors! Comment from fitzzer - 10/4/05 8:40 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day