Where'd My Week Go??

I have been meaning to post all week, but things keep happening, or I just don't feel like it! The week went by quickly, though. I can't believe tomorrow is already Friday again. Geesh, will time ever slow down??

I spent this past week still trying to rest, but doing things in the house, too. And doing a few things out and about. I finally got all my gifts wrapped between Monday and Tuesday. What fun that was. Trying to wrap gifts on the floor when you have a cat is quite entertaining and frustrating at the same time! Mittens kept laying down in the space where I wanted to roll out the wrapping paper, and refused to move. When he finally did move, he'd dive-bomb the paper, leaving claw marks in some areas. Or, he'd try to eat the paper. He also kept shoving his little head (the only little thing about him is his head!) into all the gift bags. Then there were the moments that he thought it would be the best time to bite mommy. When that happened, he got booted out of the room, and I'd shut the door in his face. Then I got to hear him cry for 10 minutes until he decided to finally give up. Sooooooo, this is why I'm glad I only wrap a ton of gifts like this once a year. The cat really doesn't make it easy!

I went to the movies last night with Mo and Dee, and Mo's friend from work, along with her friend's sister. We saw The Family Stone, with Sarah Jessica Parker. While there were many funny parts during the movie, I just felt a little lost at some points. I didn't really think it was a great film overall. My friends loved it, however. Oh well, can't win 'em all. lol

We then went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee, and we exchanged gifts. I gave all of my friends jewelry, but I also bought these ornaments that open, and you could put something inside. Soo, I put their jewelry inside the ornament!! Mo and Dee loved the idea, and they loved what I made! Yaaay!! I loved their gifts, too! It was a nice evening spent with a couple of close friends. :)

Today, I went to Starbucks with Dee, and Renee met us there. I know, more coffee. Funny thing is, I don't drink it. lol Renee and I exchanged gifts, and of course, she loved her jewelry, too! Yaay!! She got us a pair of fuzzy socks, they are soooooo soft. I love them, I have 2 pairs already! And she got some lotion from Bath & Body, which you can never go wrong with! We had a great time chatting away for a couple hours there. It was a nice afternoon!

In between all these days, I made another pot of soup. This time it was tortellini soup. And it was good, although I do think I liked my Italian wedding soup better. Either way, I did freeze a container of each soup, so I'll have it at another time during the winter! I think I like making soups, I need to find myself some more recipes. I also made this candy thing out of chow mein noodles, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and cashews. They are quite tasty!! And very easy to make. You melt the chips together, and then stir in the noodles and cashews until they get coated. Then you drop tablespoonfuls on a cookie sheet or wax paper, and let them cool. Voila! A tasty treat! I am also going to make some mini chocolate tart things, hopefully tomorrow. They just looked yummy, and fun to make! I hope!

My sister, Lisa, drives up tomorrow with her dog. She is coming from NC, and she usually makes the trip in one day. That's a looooong day, if you ask me. It's about 12 hours of driving for her. I hope she gets her safely! The last time she came up here, before Mandy had the baby, she somehow avoided getting into a very bad accident. So, I am praying she arrives to us safe and sound!

I guess I'm all caught up for now. The holiday is right around the corner. Which is hard to believe. It just arrived so quickly! I wish everyone out there in blog land a happy and safe Christmas, holiday, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, and whatever other holiday might be in there as well! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day