A Rather Amusing Story!

Friday evening, I had been trying to take a nap because I was so tired from being out shopping with my mom. I was half out of it when my house phone rang. I jumped out of bed, feeling weird, but I answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is Colleen there?" the lady asked.

"This is she," I answer.

"Oh, hi, this is Lori, your neighbor from next door," she says.

"Oh, hi! How are you?" I ask.

"I'm ok, it doesn't sound like you," Lori answers.

"Oh really? I was just resting, maybe that's why I sound funny" I say.

"Oh, ok," Lori replies. "Well, I wanted to let you know that we're having a Christmas party, so feel free to come over and have some drinks and food."

"Oh how nice!" I said. "Thank you, I'll try to make it over there soon!"

"Ok great, I'll talk to you later!" Lori says, and we end the conversation.

Still dazed, I wander into the bathroom thinking how weird that was. I've never been invited to a neighbor's house for Christmas before. As I'm thinking about this, I realize, I don't have a neighbor named Lori. I even peeked out the window to see if there was anything going on next door. That neighbor's name is Tanya. I think harder about this, and then it dawned on me: Lori had asked for Darlene, not Colleen!! If you had been reading my AOL journal, I had posted about getting Darlene's phone number when I had to get a phone line in the house again. You can read it here if you'd like! So I started laughing hysterically!

Darlene got invited to a party, and didn't even know it!! I hope Lori doesn't think she was trying to avoid her. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day