Banana Bread Recipe!

I promised several days ago to post the banana bread recipe I use, and I keep forgetting! So here it is! Enjoy!

Banana Bread
2c all-purpose flour
3/4tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1/4c butter, softenend
1c sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2c mashed ripe bananas
1/3c plain low-fat yogurt
1tsp vanilla extract

*Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.

Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about a minute). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon batter into 8 1/2 x 4 1/2" loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely in wire rack.

***I use a little less sugar, about 3/4c, just because the yogurt I buy isn't always low fat. I also add chocolate chips to my batter, about a handful or so. Another reason I reduce the sugar a little!***

****Another variation I've done is to have 1c mashed bananas, and 1/2c of mashed strawberries, to make strawberry-banana bread. This is tasty in the summer!****

Comments

Sue "T" said…
Colleen,
This bread sounds absolutely yummy. I can't wait to get my banana squishy so I can make the bread and I am going to try one with the strawberries too. I wonder how blue berries would taste in there also? I bet you could have so much fun with this recipe, but I am going to do it straight first.
Thank you so much for posting this.
Hugs,
Sue :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day