Guess What I Finally Got??

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! Ok, it may sound so silly, but I haven't been able to get groceries for at least a couple weeks. I was getting desparate! I had been feeling too crappy to go out, and I thought I couldn't just give my mom my Foodstamp card to get me stuff (come to find out today, my caseworker told me I could. Now I know for next time!). I was feeling iffy this morning, but just decided to go anyway with my mom to get me some food!!

We started out at Aldi's, where I like to go first for many of my food items since it can be so much cheaper than starting out at Wegman's. I felt pretty good going through the store. It was also very quiet in there, not alot of people shopping, so it made it easier to get through! My mom asked if I wanted to go anywhere else, and I said maybe Wegman's since I wasn't feeling bad. There are things at Wegman's that Aldi's doesn't have, and vice versa. Anyway, we finished up there, and went over to Walmart, since I had to get some of my vitamins and a few things I couldn't get in my quick trip to the Dollar General on my way home from the dentist yesterday. After that, I was still feeling pretty good (and feeling pretty shocked at that!), so we went to Wegman's. After maybe an hour in there, I was done!! I can't tell you how ridiculously happy I was to have food! And a variety! I plan on making tacos, beef and barley soup, and a pizza. Not all at once, though! ha! Anyway, by the time we got home, as happy as I felt and not really tired, my left lung was screaming a myriad of obscenities at me. :-( But the fact that I now have so many options to eat really overshadows the pissed off lung!!

Some sad news on the homefront....Mandy's husband's grandfather died last night. He was in the ICU in a coma. He had been very ill for quite some time. Several years in fact. His family honestly didn't think he'd make it to Mandy and Ron's wedding, and that was in 2004. He was dealing with lung issues, what exactly I don't remember. I do know that at one point, they tried taking him to the Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion. Anyway, I didn't know Ron's grandfather that well, but he seemed like a nice guy. I know he loved his grandkids, and his great-grandkids! He will be sadly missed.

Some sad news on the PH front....We recently found out that one of our phriends, who had had cancer the last time we heard from her, and was facing surgery, died back in August. She used to post alot on the boards, and someone took notice that she hadn't posted since July. A few other phriends did some searching and found out she was gone. I am sad that we didn't happen to find out sooner. And I made it a point to everyone on the PH boards to please let people in their lives know how much that board means to them, and how to post on there if something should happen to them. I told Mandy about it a while ago, so I'm covered. I hope we don't lose another phriend any time soon, but if we do, I hope their family will let us know!

Well, now I must rest for a little bit before I make dinner. Now the question is....what should I make?????

Comments

Jen said…
Colleen,
So glad you got food!!!:)
Now what did you make for dinner??
Rest up Girl,sounds like you had a busy day.
Take care and have fun cooking this week.
Hugs,
Jen
Kristi said…
Colleen,
Sooooo what did you make for supper?
Thank you for coming and visiting my blog.
Hope you are not feeling too many after effects from shopping.
Kristi
Hi there...hope the weather is getting better...warmer for you...just wanted to say Hi.

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day