Tired of the Exhaustion!

I had such an exhausting day today. And I was tired about an hour after I got up! I had to go to the funeral home around 10am for Ron's grandfather's service. My mom called about 10:30 to ask if I was ready, but I didn't think I was going with her. But I did! She got me, and we spent time at the funeral home with Ron's family before Mandy came with the kids. After awhile, the minister arrived, and she did a short service. It was really nice. I didn't know Ron's grandfather all that well, but I know he was very much loved by his family. Everyone in his family was very emotional, but the one who broke my heart was Josh. He's in 4th grade, and I think this was the first major death he experienced for his young age. He practically bawled through the whole service, and I just felt so bad for him. He was really close with his great-grandfather. Anyway, after the service, the immediate family stayed to say a private goodbye. My mom and I waited in the hallway because my mom was wondering if Mandy needed help with the kids while they were at the cemetary. Mandy came out awhile later, and she told me that Josh's mom told Josh to cut out the crying. I thought it was so friggin insensitive!! It really irritated me that she would tell that to her obviously very upset and grieving 10 year old. The whole time I was there, I never saw her try to comfort him. That was my one huge aggravation of the day for sure!!

My mom and I didn't go to the cemetary afterward. We went to lunch near the mall area where my doctor's office was. It was a nice lunch, although I had breakfast foods! We stayed awhile killing time for a bit. I was still completely exhausted, though. Finally we left and went over to the medical building. After my fun appt with the gyno (whoopee! lol), my mom brought me home. I knew she really wanted to see if Mandy and Ron were home, but I couldn't even think of doing that. By the time I got home, I was starting to get that sick to my stomach tired feeling. So I ended up taking a 2 hour nap. I felt a bit better, but still tired. Not utterly exhausted, though.

I plan on staying inside for at least the weekend. We are getting very cold temps, and I don't want to go out if I don't have to! Besides, I have no money to spend on anything, I'm stocked up with groceries, so I don't really need to go anywhere! I just hope I can get alot of rest!

Comments

Annette said…
Oh my phriend, I am really worried about you. Is all of this tiredness still part of recovering from the pneumonia? On another note, I agree with your comment about the mother being so mean to her son. That was really heartless. That is one of the few things I miss dealing with now that I can't teach. Please take care.
love
annette
Kristi said…
Colleen,
It sounds like it was a busy day. I hope you start feeling better soon. Get some rest.
Take Care
Kristi

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day