Just Plain Aggravated!

I just haven't felt myself since, oh maybe late fall. I think for awhile I was worried that Revatio wasn't helping me at all. But then I had a glimpse of hope that it was working when I decorated for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, and I did pretty good! Not my usual tiredness that comes along with going up and down the stairs with boxes and tree parts. I felt alright, and then slowly started getting really very tired quite often. Which, usually, is not a surprise to me since I go through that every once in awhile. But then I find out I had pneumonia. It was a little shocking since it came out of nowhere, and I thought having the pneumonia vaccine a few years ago should have prevented that. Of course, I find out later that it works like the flu shot, in that it doesn't prevent all types of pneumonia. Fabulous.

So I spend the month of December taking 2 antibiotics and spending an awful lot of time sleeping and taking it easy. I went out here and there for necessity, like groceries and stuff I needed during the month. But for the most part, it was just a month trying to slowly get ready for Christmas and trying to actually store enough energy to get through that day. It worked, for the most part. I got through Christmas, but I was so dang tired by the end of the night that I was actually in physical distress, and went to bed way early!

So now I'm still trying to recover from pneumonia. The PH doctor I saw last Friday, who I started seeing a year ago so he would be familiar with me if I should ever need to go to the ER around here, said that for a "normal" person, it could take 3-4 months to recover from pneumonia. We all know I'm not normal, so for me it could take twice as long. TWICE AS LONG. How frustrating is that?? Every time I think I'm starting to feel good, I do something that makes me end up back at the beginning, and I have to start recovering all over again. Now I'm picking and choosing my battles. Do I go out one day to Walmart because I desparately need things, or do I go to the grocery store because I'm so low on food? I can't go to both on one day or I'll totally screw things up and my lung will be screaming at me!! It's a very aggravating thing to go through, and it sometimes just gets me upset!

To top it all off, I THINK I might be getting a cold!! Yesterday I felt very run down, and I felt like a head cold was coming on. I did everything I could to try to stop it: drank tea, ate lemon and honey, took Tylenol, took extra vitamin C and acidophilus. I drank as much water as I could, and rested quite a bit. So today, I feel a tad bit better, but like everything decided to reside in my face. It doesn't hurt to touch, though. So I don't know what I have??? But because I don't want to chance getting worse, that means another day that I can't go out to the stores. UGH!!

I think I need to hire myself a personal assistant. A female, preferably, since I think I could only pay her in jewelry. LOL

Comments

Annette said…
Oh my phriend. I'm so sorry that this is turning into such a long haul for you. I would offer to be your personal assistant, but I've been kind of dragging around myself. Would you still pay me off in jewelry?
Love you!
Annette

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day