Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ok, so maybe brrrrrrrrr is an understatement! It's downright frigid here, and has been for the last few days. I've been hibernating since last Saturday. A friend asked me the other night if I was going stir crazy, and honestly, I haven't because I know that I just can't go out there!! The sun is seriously deceiving out there today. It's only a handful of degrees, but that sun can make you think otherwise! In a bit, I'm going to get the spare room ready for "the little guy." I haven't babysat him since before Halloween. He was sort of starting to walk then. I don't even want to know what he's doing now!! I will be finding out in a couple hours!

Last night, Diane came down to exchange our "winter gifts." She had not opened my gift to her for Christmas, because that was a really hard time for her. She was finally ready to now, which was fine with me! She gave me a really pretty fleece with a cat face on it. She also bought me different flavored cheese logs, because I mentioned that I love cheese! I need crackers!! She absolutely loved the blue illusion necklace I made her, but I think I want to add earrings to it. I wasn't too sure she wore a lot of earrings, but I've seen her with them on, sooooo, I'll make them later!

Diane asked me if I had started my car lately. I'm glad she mentioned it to me! I hopefully started it last night, and I think I need to do it once a day. I'm glad I have a car starter, and that it turns off after 10 minutes of running!! Sometimes the car doesn't start, though, and that is frustrating. But, for the most part, it's the best thing ever!! Last spring, because I didn't drive too much, I ended up with a dead battery. So I really need to start my car often!

Well, I must get ready for the little guy later! I really hope he is good! Wish me luck!! LOL!

Comments

Nancy said…
I like the idea of a car starter. I certainly could have used one of those when I first started teaching. Now, I thankfully have a garage, and if it gets too cold, I plug in the headbolt heater which keeps the engine warm and makes the car easier to start.

The Chinook winds came through this valley last week, melted all of the snow, and brought in some warmer temperatures. I could hardly believe that it was 45 here yesterday.

Stay in and stay warm.
Anonymous said…
Hope the Litle Guy was good for ya...
Mised ya in chat last night:(
Hope you are staying warm...Take care

Love & Hugs,
Jen
Teddybear said…
A car starter? I think I need one of those. Glad you are staying in where it is warm - I have to as well. Blessings Deb.
Barbara Howard said…
Yes a car starter would be great to have, Good you are able to babysit that little fellow, mine wear me out completely after 2-3 days.

I forget you have a blog since you are on myspace.

barb

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day