Happy Bit of News Sunday!






I decided Friday that my happy bit of news for today was going to be about the Miracle on the Hudson. Someone asked me why I would want to use a plane crash as my choice. It's not the crash itself that has amazed me, as I'm sure it has everyone else. For a passenger jet to land in a river is something no one has seen before! It's what happened before and after the crash that is the real story.

*A skilled pilot who had to make a split-second decision to land that plane in the water, and who became an instant hero for the way he landed without the plane breaking up

*The relatively calm demeanor of the passengers in the plane, who worked together to escape and help each other get out of the plane alive

*The fast arrival of the boats who rescued the people off the plane, and were there are the right time
*The very few serious injuries to the passengers, and no deaths to speak of afterward
I think Dateline NBC did an excellent job on Friday in covering much of this story. If you didn't get to see it, and are interested, please click here. I think this is going to be one of the feel-good stories for the year 2009. With everything bad going on around the world and at home, this miracle in the beginning of the year brings hope that perhaps maybe more good things will becoming down the road.

Comments

Nancy said…
I agree that this will be the best story of the year.

It was wonderful that the training of the entire crew created such a feeling of confidence that the passengers did not panic.

Praise the Lord for the outcome of this tragic accident.
Annette said…
It is an amazing story that just fills a person with pride! I'm not sure why I should feel proud, but I do!
Annette
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day