Mmmmm, Food

As much as I truly truly truly didn't want to get groceries this weekend, I knew that I had to do it because: A) I seriously had no veggies to really eat! B) I seriously had no fruit to eat! C) It's going to be seriously colder than it has been in a few days, and I definitely would NOT go out in that!! That's a lot of seriousness!! So, my mom picked me up around 2ish, and off we went to Aldi's. Then we had a side trip to KayBee toy store, which is closing for good in the very immediate future. I bought some gifts, my niece is covered for her birthday, and it isn't until June! Whoo hooo! After that, we went to Wegmans. We spent a lot of time in there, but I am now stocked up on a bunch of stuff that will hopefully last a couple weeks, if not a bit longer! When we left the store, it was snowing out, and as we traveled home, we realized it was not really the best traveling weather! But, we got back home safely, my mom lugged in all my purchased food items and toys (have I said lately how I thank God for my mom, and the help she provides me?? Well, it needs to be stated again if I have not!), and after getting out of my boots and winter gear, I sat down on the floor and sorted my items.

When I get a lot of groceries, I usually sort them out to where they go in piles on the floor, and in general relation to which cupboard or area they belong in. Tonight I sat on the floor and did it because I had a lot of stuff to sort, and I just didn't want to stand up! After everything was put in piles, then I got up to put them inside wherever they belonged. It's just easier on me to do it that way, and I don't get as tired! I'm also not going back and forth around the kitchen to put things in this cupboard, then way over in that cupboard, then back over to the fridge, etc, etc. A nice system that works for me!

I made dinner after, just something very easy! I decided to try grilled salmon sushi rolls, since I am in love with salmon lately, and it sounded appealing! I also had a cup of soup, and some yummy kettle chips. A nice dinner, and it surely filled me up, because I haven't wanted a snack yet tonight! I was supposed to babysit for Mandy tonight, but her hubby told me they were going to skip the movie since the weather was really crappy out. So, I've been chatting with phriends, and friends, and just browsing around online. It's been good chilling on my comfy couch, and relaxing. Although my legs are absolutely killing me again. I mean, really painful, just like they were on Monday from 5 hours of shopping. I swear, I am falling apart!!! I did take a Tylenol this time, and I'm hoping the pain won't continue when I get up in the morning!! Well on that note, I think I'll get ready for bed and read for a bit before I go to La La Land!!

Comments

ali said…
Hey Colleen,
I like your sorting system. I do something similar. It still floors me how I can work all day without being as tired as when grocery shopping?!

I love salmon and sushi also....in fact I have some salmon thawed this morning....idea for today.

I sure hope your legs cut it out!

Talk soon, ali
Barbara Howard said…
wow I am a salmon lover also, my husband can not stand to look at it, I also like the salmon in the cans, and I eat it out of the can, but my favorite is the raw fresh salmon, me and my father in law, when he lived with us had to have fresh salmon every week sometimes a couple of times.
You have a good sorting system, I just throw them in the shelf, LOl
it is somuch easier for me.
barb
Anonymous said…
Colleen:))
I am happy you have food now...LOL
Salmon sounds good;)

I am happy you have your Mom..Hug her from me too..

I hope the Tylenol helps your legs..Talk to ya soon...
Take care and stay warm:))

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day