Oxygen Sniffing War, And The Rest of My Thursday

I was over at Mandy's for a little while yesterday as part of my day of escape. The temperature was near 30 (heat wave for us lately!), and I actually went to pulmonary rehab for the first time this year! Everyone was happy to see me, it just really made me happy to be a part of the group I workout with. After a pretty good workout, I stopped at Wegmans for some sushi and a banana. Weird combination, I know. I regretted it later when I kept burping up sushi! I think it was the banana's fault. Anyway, I went to Mandy's after that.

Mandy showed me some glass pieces she had tried making, and they are so beautiful! They are plates, they can be used for something (like maybe to hold rings), or they can be just displayed. I also saw part of a windchime that she's working on. I really can't wait to see what that will look like when it's finished! She's got so many ideas on what she'd like to make, and so many different designs of things she's already completed. I'm a little envious of her. I want to play with glass and make really awesome stuff! I know, I do that often with jewelry I make. Lord knows I have enough glass beads to play with, I do NOT need to get into something else! LOL

I ate my lunch, got some really dirty looks by my nephew who totally wanted my sushi despite the fact he's never had it (it was so funny, he gave me this big pouty look, put his head in his hands, and put his head down on the table....Mandy and I both did this aww-laugh combo!), and then played Cooties with my niece! After we played for quite awhile, it was time for me to get going. I had to stop by to get samples from my doctor, and I was getting tired from having a good day. I had my niece start my car (car starter, remember??), and while I was getting my winter gear on, she asked me about the oxygen tubing. Now, she has seen me with it on since she was born. But being a very curious 3.5 year old, she seemed to want to know more about it. I told her it helps me to breathe, and I tried to tell her about lungs, and that some people need to help their lungs breathe. That's why I had oxygen, because I needed to help my lungs. She pointed out the fact that she didn't have oxygen, and neither did her Momma, and I said that was because her lungs didn't need help! And then, the oxygen sniffing war began. My niece was standing on the kitchen chair because she wanted a hug and a kiss (awww, I know!). She heard me breathe in with the oxygen, so she repeated it. So, I breathed in again. She heard it, and repeated it, with a little extra sniff this time. For a few minutes, it sounded like this:

Me: Sniff of oxygen
Niece: *sniff*
Me: Sniff of oxygen
Niece: *sniiiiiiff*
Me: Sniff of oxygen
Niece: *sniff* *sniiiiiiiffffff* (she beat me that round)
Mandy: *laughing at both of us!*
Me: Sniff of oxygen
Niece: *sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffff*

It was so hilarious! At least I know that for awhile, I can make oxygen entertaining for little children!! After our little war, I gave my niece that hug and kiss, and also a high five and bump knuckles (or is it bum knuckles?? whatever it is, she did it hard the first time and hurt both our knuckles lol). I took off to get my samples, and then headed back home!

I heard "the alarm" going off in the house before I even got close to it after I parked my car in the garage and started walking toward the house. "The alarm" is the new term I have given to Frasier. He seems to go off constantly when his mommy isn't home, but he also goes off if I accidentally make any sudden or loud noises. He's a very sensitive doggy!! Anyway, I didn't know how long Diane had been gone, so once I got all my stuff put down in the apartment, I went upstairs and let him out. He ran down all the steps, and when I let him out the side door to go potty, he took off running toward the garage. His mommy was home, and I didn't realize it! She was walking toward the house, and he didn't even seem to care that I had let him free for a few moments. It was all about her. lol

After I finally settled down from my outing, I realized how tired I really was, and I laid down on the couch. Forty-five minutes later, I jolted awake, and felt like I was in a zone. I got myself awake, and started making dinner. After that, I watched some tv, participated in on online webinar that was pretty neat, and watched more tv! I eventually got to bed, and had an ok sleep. I guess. I am tired today, and haven't done much, but I am about to make some more jewelry. So, maybe that'll perk me up for a bit!

Comments

Nancy said…
I am pleased that a "heat wave" hit your area and that you were able to get out for awhile. It has been really nice here, too.

I remember when my great-niece wanted to know more about my oxygen. Children are so accepting when they are that young. Your oxygen sniffing war sounds like a lot of laughs.
Teddybear said…
Sounds like you had a great day. Isn't it amazing how children always want to know what's going on with us - but adults always give us looks and words - children absorb everything we can ofter to them. Blessings Deb
ali said…
It sounds like you and Mandy had a blast "sniffing". Don't ya love kids?
Hope you are feeling better soon :) I will be thinking of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day