First Post Of The New Year!

Well, 2008 is gone, and 2009 has had an ok beginning so far. I rang in the New Year last night with a phriend, a friend, and many texts to other friends. It was bitter cold all day yesterday, so I just didn't go outside. By the time the ball dropped, the windchill was about -10 here!! I was nice and warm in my fleece pjs and bathrobe, and I toasted the new year to myself with my sparkly grape juice! It was a nice evening, but it sure didn't feel like we just began a new year!

I have no resolutions for 2009. I don't really make them. I know many times I can't keep them. For example, exercising. I could say that I resolve to make sure I'm exercising as much as possible, but I know myself. I usually won't do it after awhile. I'm thinking it might be different this year, because I am going to the gym twice a week. But I still don't walk enough at home like I said I would. I can make definite efforts, but to make a definite resolution to exercise more....well I can tell you already I'd break it!!

I am just hoping that 2009 will be a better year for so many of my family and friends, and my phriends. I pray for those who are sick and not doing well. I pray for those who are looking for a new job. I pray for those who may lose a job this year due to the poor economy. I pray for the new little niece or nephew that will be coming along next month, and for my sister to have a safe delivery. I pray for the phriends who possibly face a lung transplant this year. I pray that 2009 will be the year of the cure for PH. I would love for this drasted disease to be gone, and I know I'm not the only one who wishes that!

I spent the early afternoon today taking down my Christmas tree, and putting a few decorations away. I normally don't do that until a few days after the new year, but I was bored and restless, and didn't feel like doing anything else. I had my earphones on, and the music kept me motivated! I took my time, about 45 minutes. For some reason, it takes so much longer to put up the decorations than to take them down! I left my winter stuff up, all my snowman-related items. After that, I watched the Dark Knight on PPV. I thought it was a good movie, and oh my goodness, Heath Ledger deserves some sort of award for his acting!! I did not, however, like Christian Bale whatsoever as Batman. Something about him rubbed me the wrong way! After the movie, I took a little nap, then woke up and had a salad for dinner since I wasn't too hungry. I watched a little tv after the news, but the restlessness was kicking back in, so I made a triple illusion necklace set. It's a pretty blue color, and I think it came out nice!

It's now almost 11, and I still feel like doing something other than sitting at the laptop. Maybe I'll go read or something. I think I need to get out of the house, which I am hoping I'll be able to do tomorrow afternoon. A friend asked if I wanted to meet her for coffee, and I hope the weather isn't too crappy so I can go! I'll see in the morning, it's a bit of a drive out to meet her. However, if it is decent, I might go early to go to Michael's, and browse at their beads. I have a gift card I haven't spent yet. As if I need more!!!!! I'm a true addict!!! LOL!

Comments

Nancy said…
I share your thoughts on resolutions. I don't make them anymore because I know that I will not keep them. I DO work on finishing a project on New Year's Eve. It helps me start the new year in a positive way, and it motivates me to work on another project.
Anonymous said…
I'm not calling mine resolutions either. A Bucket List might be more appropriate. There are things I want to do while I feel good and mentally I'm making a list of those things. I don't want to put things off any longer. I'm now free of babysitting and free to travel and get out more, so I'm going to do that.

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day