Hibernating

I think I will be hibernating this week. We are supposed to get some of the coldest temps of the season, and I certainly don't want to be out in it!! I am so relieved that I got groceries over the weekend. I can't even imagine trying to get out there to get them this week, even if I did have help, or got dropped off at the door to go in and then get picked up. Windchills in the negative degree range?? No thank you!!!

I did random things around the house today, like sweeping, using the Kone, "vacuuming" the hallway rug (I use an old brush of Mittens to get the fur up, because the vacuum doesn't always get it on that rug. And besides, the vacuum is broke :(....), putting away the dishes, and folding the laundry from last week. I also wrapped the gifts I got for Lisa's baby shower this coming weekend. And then I took a nap! I don't know what else I'll do the rest of this week, but it's not like I don't have anything to do around here. Of course, there is always jewelry! But I also should file a years worth of paperwork that's been sitting on my desk. I could also Swiffer. I have to get the spare room ready for babysitting on Friday afternoon. I haven't had "The Little Guy" since right before Halloween! He was starting to walk then, so I can't imagine what he's doing now. I'm sure he's all over the place! I'm going to see how he is on Friday. I hope I can still keep watching him, but if he's a handful, I guess I'll have to tell my friend that's it. I should have plenty of energy if I'm going to be staying inside all week. Of course, what am I talking about?? I have PH, it's usually a different story every day on how I feel! DUH!!

Mittens jumped up on the bathroom counter this morning while I was trying to wash my face. I picked him up, and stepped on the scale. I had weighed myself just a bit before that, so I knew how much I weighed, and just subtracted the number I saw with both of us on it. OMG. Mittens is 25lbs now! I knew he had to weigh more, because lately he's been eating like a pig!!! I measure his food out every morning, and put it in his bowl. Usually, he finishes it all by the time I go to bed, and I go to bed late most times, usually never past 1am. The past couple weeks, there have been nights when he's finished off the bowl around 8pm. UGH!! I'm part of the problem, too. I give him a little bit more food. I have to tell myself not to do it, and that he certainly isn't going to starve to death!!! Somehow I have GOT to get that cat on the treadmill!! But.....I am thinking I don't want to die any time soon if I try! LOL

Guess I'll call it a night, and go read! I think I might start the Harry Potter series over soon. It would be nice to read the entire story without having to wait months in between for a new book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day