Gee Whiz, I'm Exhausted!

Yesterday, I had quite the busy day. I had to get bloodwork done in the morning, and after spending the usual hour there (because my blood is "special," special procedures need to be done for me, and it takes longer!), I left to go to the credit union. I took out money, put in a little money, chatted with Joanie, and left for home. I called my mom a bit before 3pm, to see if she still wanted to go out to some stores. She said yes, and picked me up about 15 minutes later, and we were off to shop!

And shop we did! Walmart was the first stop, where I had to get my monthly list of stuff that I needed. I tried to return a gift basket that I had gotten as a gift, but the tag wasn't on it, and there wasn't any left to even try exchanging with. Oh well, when I got home, I ended up splitting some of the stuff with Diane! Anyway, we spent awhile in Walmart, then went to Joann Fabrics, where I got a new beading board because mine was too furry and I had spilled orange juice on it last week. Ooops!! My mom bought a few Christmas items on sale, and off we went again. Target was the next stop, and was supposed to be the final stop. We spent what seemed like forever in there, trying to find baby stuff that Lisa had registered for. After that, I wanted to buy another 5lb weight. Of course, it doesn't match the first one I have, and I'm really trying to get over that. LOL! But it was on sale, so there ya go! We left Target, and tried to go to this book warehouse, but it was already closed. So, we went to Big Lots, and browsed around there for a bit. I looked again at their table sets, but they were a bit pricey for me. They also weren't sets. The table was sold separately from the chairs, so it would have really been too much. I bought some Christmas wrapping paper, and a roll for the baby shower presents, and we left the store. We went to Rosa's (a furniture store), in the same plaza area, and I quickly browsed their table sets before realizing nothing in my price range was in that store either. lol So, my mom and I went to a restaurant for dinner! We both had the Monday special, mac & cheese, and a salad. I swear, they made a box of elbows for each of our mac & cheese dishes, there was so much!! I have enough leftover for 2 more dinners. Mmmmmmmm. After we ate, my mom brought me back home!

We were out for about 5 hours. And I was surprised to realize that the one tank of oxygen I was using lasted that long. Usually, it lasts me maybe a little bit more than 4 hours. I am wondering if rehab is helping me to breath better, and I that's why the tank lasted longer. It was cool to realize I spent all that time out, and didn't have to change the tank!

After I unpacked most of my items, gave Mittens his new toy (a catnip block, which he loves!), and sat down to play on the laptop, I started to feel just how tired my body was from being out. I was achy everywhere, especially my feet. I debated taking a Tylenol before bed, but I figured I would just go to sleep, and I'd feel better in the morning. Wrong! I took a Tylenol about 20 minutes after I got up this morning. I did get all ready to go to rehab, but between the 13 degree weather at the time, and the all-over hurt I felt, I decided it would be best to give my body a break!! I am now on my couch under my nice warm blanket from Dee, and trying not to fall asleep again (although I think I'm going to lose that battle soon!). It was nice to be able to be out that long and feel ok during the adventure, but the after effects suck!!! So today I'm taking it easy. I was going to exercise at home instead, but I think the effort would be too much for me since my body is still achy despite the Tylenol. Tomorrow is another day for that!!

Comments

Nancy said…
Great news about the oxygen, and in cold temperatures, too. I'm impressed! It probably is a good idea to take it easy today. Tomorrow is another day.
Anonymous said…
Rest up today Girl:))
You had a very busy day..but sounds like fun:)

Hugs & love,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day