Health Stuff

I got my foot xrayed today. I've had the script since I went to the NP last Wednesday, but I was hoping my foot would magically heal itself and go back to normal. Seriously, that's what it's done before when this has happened. But noooooo. So I just went and got it xrayed, even though I really don't think it's going to tell me or the doctor anything at all. I mean really, if it was broken or even a hairline fracture, wouldn't I not be able to do anything with it?? I'm still exercising!! Anyway, it's out of the way. I think I'll get a call about it in a couple days, according to the tech who took the films. So that means next week. I'm not really worried about it, since I am pretty damn sure I didn't break anything.

I found out on Monday afternoon that Digitek, the medicine I take for my heart, was voluntarily recalled by the company that distributes it. There was a possibility that the thickness of the tablet was more than what it should be, meaning more medicine than is supposed to be in the pill. I had to get my Digitek refilled, because I had none for Tuesday. When I called the pharmacy, they said they could give me only a few pills, since they just found out about it, too, and they weren't sure when they would get Lanoxin (the original drug). So I picked up the 3 pills. Today I remembered that I needed more pills, so I called the pharmacy again. They still didn't have much backup pills, and told me to call my doctor to ask what to do. My doctor called the pharmacy and wanted me on Lanoxin. So I went to the pharmacy, and they gave me 5 pills of Digoxin, which is another generic. By the way, I have been on Lanoxin/Digoxin/Digitek for over 32 years, so I've had all 3, and it didn't really matter what I got, as long as I got it!! Soooo, now I have to call on Monday AGAIN, to see if they are able to give me more than a few pills at a time. What a waste, to keep driving back and forth to the pharmacy for this! Not that it's their fault. I really think if a company is going to do a voluntary recall, they need to do some kind of heads up so people won't be scrambling to replace their meds!!

In my last bit of health stuff, I am going to the local PH doc in Buffalo on Monday. I really thought I'd only be seeing him just once a year, so he could be familiar with me in case I had an emergency, and needed to see someone quick. But when I saw him in January, I was still getting over pneumonia, so I think he wanted to make sure I was actually doing ok by now. While I am at the appt, I plan on asking him if he'd be willing to come to my planned support group meeting in June, to talk about PH. Maybe have an open Q&A session or something. I have been working with a Gilead rep who has been trying to get this doctor involved more in the PH community, and so far he's been very reluctant. I think that really sucks, but I'm going to ask anyway! Hell, if my own PH doc in CLEVELAND was willing to drive all this way for a meeting here last year, this doctor should be willing to give up an hour on a Saturday!! So I guess I'll see what happens on Monday when I ask!!

Well I'm very exhausted, so I am off to bed!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well you sound just as hard headed as my MOM..LOL..She just went to get her xray this week also..No breaks:) I am with you if you are walking and doing things without too much trouble it is most likely not broken.
I love your new music...the good ole days..LOL..Makes me wanna dance.

Have a wonderful weekend:))
Love and hugs,
Jen
Tony said…
Hi Colleen,

I'm also on the Digitek/Digoxin bandwagon - haven't had to refill it yet but was going to check with the PH doc on Monday just to make sure Digoxin was plan B. Good luck with your X-Rays & getting the PH Doc to volunteer. Maybe if you slip him an extra co-pay, he will show...lol.

Have a great weekend,

Tony

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day