Catching Up

I had a busy week last week, for the most part. Something was going on every day. Monday was the only day I had relaxed, which was fine with me. Tuesday, I went to lunch with a friend who was in town for a few days. I hadn't seen her in over 3 years, since she lived near NYC for a long time, and now she's in CT. She wasn't here for great reasons, but seeing her perked her right up, and I was so glad we were able to get together. We went to Lewiston, right down near the Niagara River, and had lunch at this place called The Silo. It was such a nice day, and it is always so beautiful down there, and peaceful. We had lunch and chatted for a few hours. She dropped me off, and I rested for the remainder of the day. I think sitting in the sun got me tired out! But, hey, I got my Vitamin D intake!

Wednesday was the infamous phone incident, which occupied most of my day. Later that evening, I met up with Karen (my friend) at Olive Garden for dinner. We enjoyed a fabulous meal, and even better company. I really do miss her, but there is no way she'd ever move back here. Can't say I blame her, though, this isn't exactly the booming area it once was many years ago. We said our goodbyes after dinner, and hopefully she will be back in another couple months to tie up some loose ends in regards for the reason she was here in the first place.

Thursday I ran some errands, and then participated in an online discussion panel through one of the survey websites I joined. It was neat, I've never done anything like it before. It was in a chatroom setting, with about 9 other people, and the moderator asked us questions that we had to answer honestly. The entire thing was about cleaning products that are environmentally sound, particularly the Green Works line. I had heard about it, but didn't know much about it. The discussion was about an hour long, and we are supposed to get $50 for it. Hopefully I'll get it soon! It's going toward the laptop fund!

Friday I chilled around the house, until the evening, and then it was time to go dance to 90s music! I was very happy that Mandy and Joan went, and also my friend, Dee, and Mandy's friend, Lisa (well I'm friends with her, too, but she went to school with Mandy!). It was alot of fun! There were 90s-themed drinks, such as a Zack Attack (from Saved by the Bell), Gin & Juice (a Snoop Doggy Dogg song), a Peach Pit (the place where the Beverly Hills 90210 characters hung out), and a Crypt Keeper (for the Tales from the Crypt show). There was a fashion show, and the person who took the prize was a girl who dressed like Ricki Lake. She was hysterical! And of course, I danced to several songs on the dance floor, and I also did some chair dancing, too. We didn't leave until after 1am (Joan stayed later), even though it was going on til much later. I'm glad we went, it was alot of fun!

Saturday, I was very tired, and just hung out doing pretty much nothing all day. I did join some friends for a movie that night. We saw Made of Honor. I thought it was a cute movie. I'm not going to give any of the plot away, but part of the movie involved a character who was supposed to be from Scotland. Of course, they showed scenery in Scotland (which was absolutely stunning). I liked the movie. I'm going to borrow Annette's puppies, and give it 4 puppy paws up!! Thanks, Haver and Asa, for letting me borrow your paws!

Sunday, I went to church, and then to Mandy's house to visit her and the kids. My throat had started bugging me a little, but I really thought it was because our weather her is so crappy. What the heck happened to spring?? Anyway, I had fun over there. My nephew is doing really well walking, and my niece does a great job at making me laugh. She was asking me about my phone, and I told her I had an accident with it, and it got near water. I didn't tell her what water it fell into, because she is almost 3, and I didn't want to give her any ideas about putting things in the toilet. lol I told her I was sad, but it was an accident. And so, she repeated my entire story to me about 15 times, which started making laugh. She was also working on 25-piece puzzles, which she was putting together all by herself. She is really smart!

Today I've spent the day trying to get rid of this dumb sore throat that has turned into a slight cold. I've eaten lemon and honey several times, I've gargled more than I care to, taken Tylenol, and extra vitamin C. It's really irritating. But I will keep on doing this until I get better!! I really wish the weather was better, because I think it's the culprit to the crappiness I am feeling. It's a real bummer, too, because one of these days I would really like to see Euan. I was supposed to go almost 2 weeks ago, but it didn't end up working out. It's so frustrating, and hard to believe I haven't seen him in almost 9 months. 9 months!!! Ugh, one of these days!!

Well I'm off to bed early. I need to go out tomorrow to get my heart medicine yet again. Maybe I'll feel a little better, I'm really hoping this doesn't last long!

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day