Food Stamp Update!!

So I called my food stamp worker yet this morning. This time he answered! I told him I had called yesterday asking about why I couldn't eat in July. He said it was an error (that no doubt he made), and that if I called the number on my food stamp card after 1oam, I should have my stamps. He was very nice about it (most of the people working there have such horrible attitudes!!), and I thanked him for fixing everything.

So I called a little after 10 to see if I really got the money. I had to call twice after hearing the little voice lady tell me I had over $400! What?????? I am supposed to get $152 a month, and I have over 400???? I called my mom to tell her, and she said I better call the caseworker back to make sure that's not a mistake! I did, but left a message for him. I hope he does call me back. The last thing I need is for them to decide at a later time that I got over paid, and then they take it back from me when I've already used them!!

Although it has been fun picturing all the steaks, salmon, crab, and any other expensive items I could buy! LOL

***UPDATE!!*** My caseworker just called me to say that the $400 was another mistake he made. No shit!!!! Apparently I am his first case!! Grrrr!!! He said I had to go down to the office and sign a piece of paper allowing them to take 2 months back. I told him I couldn't come until Tuesday. He said that was fine. Now I have to remember to actually go on Tuesday!! Why couldn't he make a mistake with someone else!!!! lol

In other news.....my Grandma is apparently coming up today. She called my mom last night to let her know. Talk about last minute. lol Hopefully I'll get to see her tomorrow! I'm going out to dinner tonight with my two best friends, so I know I won't see her tonight.

And in other other news.....I go to Cleveland on Monday for my PH appts. I will be also meeting a new cardiologist who specializes in congenital heart issues. My dad will only be coming with me since my mom got a part time job watching an elderly woman for a few hours a day, and she is supposed to start on Monday morning. I think the money is great for them, they could certainly use it! Anyway, on the way back home from Cleveland, we are supposed to stop in Erie, PA like we usually do, and will hopefully be meeting Ryan and his mom, Tracie! Ryan is a little guy who has PH, and he will shortly be off Flolan, one of the treatments for PH. I have adored this kid since Tracie has been posting, and I can't wait to be able to meet them!!

Ok, I better go, I have lots to do today before babysitting. And then going to dinner. Ahhhh, busy day ahead!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day