Mmmmm, Fooooooood

My best friend, Eve (the one coming home in September for good!!), is here in town until Sunday. She took her son, her mom, and me out to lunch today down in Lewiston, at The Silo. It was a blast! Her mom is absolutely hilarious, and it is no wonder where Eve has gotten her humor!

After lunch, Eve took me to Tops, a grocery store chain in this area. She got me fruits, veggies, some cereal, milk and juice, and yogurt. That was what I needed most. The fresh stuff doesn't seem to last long, which stinks! But I am so thankful to her, and to all my family and friends who offered to get me groceries. I remember when I first applied for food stamps years ago, I felt so horrible for needing them. But this stupid incident made me realize how much I actually NEED them. And I am so grateful for programs out there that help the people who need food, shelter, assistance the most. If it wasn't for stuff like that, I just don't know where I'd be!

By the way, I did try calling my caseworker today. After being transferred to at least 5 different people, someone told me a different person actually had my case, and tried transferring me to that person. Well, they transferred me to a fax machine!! So I had to hang up, call back again, and ask for the person who had my file. And of course, he wasn't at his desk. I left a message, but have not heard back from him, and now the office is closed. Soooooo, I will be calling again tomorrow!! If worse comes to worse, I'll just end up driving myself down to the building. But if that happens, it means I will be in a very pissy mood, and I might end up yelling. You don't think that could come out of lil' ole me?? Ooooooh, you betcha it can!! LOL! When I am aggravated enough, I can get really really bitchy! Just ask Eve today. She was calling me Evil Schnelly when I was arguing with her about prices in the cereal aisle!! LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day