Concerned

A person very dear to me has had diabetes for decades, and I worry about this person when I know they aren't eating right or doing the things they should to keep themselves healthy. Last week this person found out that glucose was in a place where it shouldn't be, and I just tonight found out that when that happens a lot, the kidneys can begin to fail. I had no idea. It causes even more worry.

This person told me that one of the biggest ways to keep glucose down, besides eating right, is exercise. I know this person isn't getting it. I completely understand how hard it is to just make the decision and start exercising every day, or at least several times a week. If I weren't going to pulmonary rehab, I wouldn't be working out because I just can't seem to stick to a routine at home. And so I do realize that it's hard to just start an exercising regimen, especially when you're on your own. I truly wish I could exercise with this person. Even just going for walks gets me a bit too tired, so that kinda defeats the purpose. This person's heart is in good shape right now, so the cardiologist has no reason to write a script for cardio rehab. That's too bad, since it might be nice if this person could join me at rehab! I just wish there was something I could do to get this person motivated and realizing how important it is to start doing something, SOMETHING, to improve their health through exercise. I just want them to feel better, and I know this is one step which is rather necessary.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know its tough when we are concerned more for others than they are..diabetes is nothing to messs with...all kinds of health issues can happen if this is not taken care of. I sure hope that this person realizes this soon and can prevent any further damage..Love ya Loca!!

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day