Slow Cookin'

About a year or so ago, I got a crock pot for free from one of the survey sites I participate in. It was a rather large crock pot, but I enjoyed having it! I made lasagna, beef stew, macaroni and cheese, and a couple other things in there. Then in the spring or summer, I can't remember, Mandy's crock pot broke. She uses hers way more than I use mine, and since mine was family size, I asked her if she wanted it. She said sure, and she bought me a smaller crock pot. Since I got it, I've made a couple things I've never made before. I did beef stew again (because it's just so yummy!), but I've also made black bean soup. It turned out really good! Today I made boneless pork ribs for the first time ever. It turned out terrific! I had used a dry rub overnight on the pork first, and this morning I put the pork in the crock pot and covered it with a mixture of Jack Daniel's bbq sauce and apple cider. I had it on low for 8 hours. By the time I had dinner tonight, the pork fell apart as soon as I touched it with a fork! It was da bomb!! I'm excited about having pulled pork sandwiches later this week!! I have a couple more recipes I'd like to try in the crock pot, including a beef and barley soup, and chicken stew. I'm so glad to have the crock pot, because it's easy to use, and I don't have to worry about cooking in the evening for dinner. Plus, I have a lot of leftovers! It's great to stock up the freezer, especially during the winter! And one final note about crock pot cooking: one of the best things about having one? Your house smells soooooo good all day while whatever is in there is cooking! One of the drawbacks? Your house smells soooooooo good all day while whatever is in there is cooking! Makes you feel like eating all day long because your tummy is loving the smells! LOL

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok so now I am not only tired but hungry, I am gonna try thse ribs next week. I have some BBQ rub and will do that too...LOL
KK has a small one in her dorm, its more like cheese dip size, I need to get her a little larger one..she wanted to know if she could put her chicken and stuff in there...LOL not much would fit ;)
Hugs...Luv ya :)

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day