A Pill Anniversary

My life changed on October 12, 2003. That was the day I began a medicine to treat my pulmonary hypertension. I was 28 at that time. The only medicine I had been on since I was a small child was digoxin, for my heart. I continue to take that medicine, but now I am also on 2 meds to treat symptoms of PH. Tracleer was the very first one I started taking. It is a pill taken twice a day, 12 hours apart. It took a couple of months before I finally realized how much it was helping me, especially with shortness of breath. When I first realized I was not so tired going from the house to the garage, I cried. I couldn't believe it, I wasn't as short of breath as I had been growing up! Some people think it's nuts that I've remembered the day I started a pill. I don't. I remember that day because it drastically changed my life. I am so thankful for 7 years on this med, and I can only hope and pray for so many more years to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day