Jewelry, Visiting, and Puppies!

Today was one of those days where I had a lot of energy, and didn't need a nap! This hasn't happened in quite some time! Let's take the short journey, shall we?

I got myself up and dressed in time to go down to Marlene's shop around 10:30 this morning. I was going to bring 5 jewelry sets I made, and to tell her I didn't appreciate her selling my sets for 12 bucks, or whatever price she could get them for, even if it meant a free give-away (I know she wouldn't do that, but...well, maybe I don't know that). I told her that if I had something that she thought she couldn't sell for at least 15 bucks, then just give it back to me and I'll try selling it myself. So, she gave me 3 of my sets back, plus all my bracelets (she told me my bracelets weren't selling b/c you could get them at the dollar store.....as if!!!! I don't make dollar store crap!!) Anyhow, the Lewiston Art Festival is next weekend, and she said I could sell whatever I wanted, and I could set my own price. She also asked if I could work for a few hours next Sunday since she needed someone out there while she put on a fashion show. So I told her I'd do it! I guess she can be decent, even though she seems to tell me that some of my stuff is not worth much more than a buck (dollar store, my a@@)

I traveled to Niagara University to visit a dear, dear friend of mine whom I haven't seen in quite some time. Actually, I call her Mom #2. I just love her to death! I used to work with Sharon in the same office when I went to NU. We have kept in touch, but it's been hard lately. So I visited her for about an hour. I even made a sale (ca-ching!), and we will meet for dinner in a couple weeks so I can give her what she asked me to make. It was so nice meeting up with her, she is quite hilarious, and also very kind!

After I left NU, I decided to stop by my best friend, Erin's, house to drop of the bassinett my sister borrowed for a while for Hailey. Her daughter, Sydney, looked like she was chillin' with Daddy. She is such a cutie pie! She started squealing when she saw me come in the door, and she had the hugest grin on her face. I didn't stay too long, but it was good to see Erin and Sydney for a little while at least!

I thought for sure I'd need a nap by the time I got home, but all I needed was some lunch, and I was off to clean up around here before my sister, Lisa, arrived! I did the dishes, and cleaned the bathroom. I swept the floor and cleaned the litterbox (eww, not my favorite chore). My mom came over and vacuumed, and did a few other random things that she thought needed to be done. I had about an hour left before Lisa came, so I started planning out the necklace set Sharon wanted me to make for her. I must say, I do like it! After I did that, I decided to walk down to my parents' house to wait for Lisa to show up. Not even 10 minutes after I got there, Lisa arrived with her boyfriend and 2 puppies!

Brandon (the boyfriend) is very nice. He's very quiet, but very polite. He's got that Southern charm going on. The puppies are the cutest things!! Lexie (Lisa's puppy) has got some spunk!! And Zoey (Brandon's puppy) seems like she's a little more wise than Lexie. Zoey is a month older, so maybe she is a tad bit smarter! Both of them slept almost the entire way up here, that they were wired and playful the whole time they were at my parents' house. I wish my mom had her video camera rolling, because there were just some hilarious moments to film while they were playing. I'll have her break out the camera tomorrow, since we are going to have a Southern picnic in the backyard. Yes, that's right, North Carolina meets NY tomorrow!! I'm sure it'll be a grand ole time!

Well, I am finally exhausted after such a long day, but I must say that I am very happy that I had a good day healthwise. Usually long days like this are hard on me, but I made it, and I'm proud of it! So, here's hoping it wasn't a fluke, and tomorrow will be a great day as well!

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 3 comments: (Add your own)
Hey, she could have said, "99 Cents or Less" store! LOL! Comment from luvmort - 8/8/05 8:27 AM

I'm glad you had a great day. Dollar Store - I think NOT. $15 even sounds like a bargain to me! I bet you'll do great at the festival. NU - I'm jealous! ~ L Comment from fitzzer - 8/4/05 9:51 AM

Dollar store stuff, huh??? Hmmm...ppppffffftttt, to her! lol I am so glad you had such a good day. :D Hopefully, we will get to play canasta again soon. lol *Hugs* Comment from anglswinks - 8/4/05 2:09 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day