New York Meets North Carolina!

Last night, Lisa and her boyfriend (Brandon) made dinner for us, North Carolina-style! And let me tell you, I went home stuffed to the gills! Brandon made quite a few yummy dishes! He made shrimp and grits, which I was looking forward to all day! I love grits, ever since I tasted them when I worked at Headstart. He made the grits with lots of cheese, and then made the shrimp in some sort of sauce. You put the shrimp over the grits, and voila! Yumminess! He also made fried okra. I didn't care for it too much, many because it was a little too fried for my taste. Maybe if it wasn't too overdone I would have liked it. He also made some kielbasa, with lots of different spices on it. It was soooo tasty!! The asparagus was also made with a bunch of spices, and that was very good as well. Besides all that, we also had my mom's pasta salad, corn on the cob, clams, fruit with Joanie's yummy dip, and a few other items here and there that I didn't have room to eat later! I also had made brownies for dessert (at 8am, I might add), and I couldn't even eat them until way later! It took quite a while to make everything, but not so long to eat it all! And I must say, Brandon is a good cook! I should tell Lisa, he's a keeper!

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 3 comments: (Add your own)
Any man that can cook is a KEEPER! LOLhttp://journals.aol.com/demandnlilchit/LifeasIliveit/ Comment from demandnlilchit - 8/10/05 10:39 AM

I am a Polskie and I LOVE kielbasa! Comment from luvmort - 8/8/05 10:29 PM

Oh!! Everything sounds SO yummy!!! I am so glad you have a friend that can cook such good meals. Now you can invite me, and I will show off my cooking skills too. :-D LOL *HUGS* Comment from anglswinks - 8/6/05 2:10 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day