Yummy Recipe!

I made these cookie bar things the other night for girls' night. They were soooo good!! I was happy that my friend, Dee, could eat them. She is allergic to eggs, and there are no eggs required! So I just thought I'd share!

Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars

Prep: 10 min Bake: 25 min

1/2c plus 1 tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
1/4c packed brown sugar
1/8tsp baking soda
1/8tsp salt
1/4c cold butter
16 caramels
1 tbsp 2% milk
1/4c semisweet chocolate chips

In a small bowl, combine 1/2c flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1/2c for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until set.

In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with the milk. Stir in the remaining flour until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and chocolate chips. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 6 bars.

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
Oh my - chocolate & caramel!?! Not sure it can get better than that. I'll definitely be trying these & can't wait. Thx ~ Lori Comment from fitzzer2 - 8/25/05 10:38 AM

Thanks for making those cookie bars, they were very yummy!! I recommend them for anyone!!LoveDee Comment from dmearts - 8/22/05 6:43 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day