A Furry Anniversary

Today marks the 8th anniversary of getting a furry little kitty cat as a Christmas gift from one of my best friends. He went from this:
to this:

All in a matter of 8 years!!! How on earth did I ever live without him in my life??? I just don't know! Mittens has been such a joy to me, and has been here for me the entire time I've had to quit my job. He makes me laugh, he makes me cry, he makes me angry, but I'm sure if I had a human child, I'd feel all those emotions, too. I've told him all day today that it's been 8 years since I've been his Mommy, but of course, I don't think it means anything to him. It was just an ordinary day! He did, however, curl up under the blanket with me on my bed to take a nap. We haven't done that in so long (he's usually sleeping in his huge box I can't get rid of), so it was rather nice! I am really hoping to have my little man, as I like to call him, for at least another 8 years!!

Comments

Nancy said…
Mittens is the perfect name for your companion. I love cats: they are so loving and yet so independent.

Give Mittens a scratch behind his ears and under his chin for me.
Anonymous said…
Congrats...and Mittens brings great stories to all of us as well..LOL

Yes..a child would bring the same emotions..a roller coaster ride..LOL

Have a great nap..sounds like you two had a great nap;)
Happy Anniversary and ,many many more..man ..he was so little when you got him:)

Love & Hugs,
Jen
Annette said…
Oh my goodness!!! She is so beautiful!! I'm not a big cat lover although given my "boys" behavior, maybe I should think about switching! :)She is absolutely beautiful! Give her a snug from "Auntie Annette!"
Annette
Teddybear said…
Colleen and Mitten's Happy 8th Anniversary. WOW - how time flies by and our little ones grow up. He is still as cute as he was 8 yrs ago. Blessings to you and mittens. Love Deb

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day